Kel-Tec PF-9.... any good?

felinesNfreedom

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carried one for a year. carrying a g26 now.

long trigger pull (DAO) on the pf9 takes some getting used to.

it is a super slim/tiny gun easy to conceal under summer clothes (shorts and tshirt)

not a range gun, good for self defense if needed.

Edited by morrisster
Guest DeadEye

Great guns, but only buy 1 made in the last yr. since any older than that dont have all the latest updates like a steel mag release and the new hammer-block etc... try to get a parked 1, blued ones have a poor finish!

Guest TargetShooter84
carried one for a year. carrying a g26 now.

long trigger pull (DAO) on the pf9 takes some getting used to.

it is a super slim/tiny gun easy to conceal under summer clothes (shorts and tshirt)

not a range gun, good for self defense if needed.

I just picked one up recently. So far, I am loving it and how it is lightweight. I do have G26 but wanted PF9 for lightweight for times I can't carry the G26. I'd recommend it.

I've carried a PF-9 for months. I agree with other posters, its not a range gun, but its easy to hide in your clothing. Small lightweight, no external hammer or external safety switch. VERY long DAO trigger, never had a misfeed, pull the switch and it goes bang every time. I added the optional belt clip and can carry IWB without a holster and it completely disappears.

The worst thing I can say about the PF-9 is the finish. I had so much trouble with the slide rusting from being against my skin, I had the slide duracoated. Best move I ever made.

I had one. It performed flawlessly but I ended up selling it. I have a Taurus 709 right now to serve the same purpose. The keltec was definitely not a range gun, but it was 100% reliable. So far the Taurus has been reliable as well. I also think it is somewhat more comfortable to shoot. The KelTec PF9 is certainly not a bad choice for a light weight and easily concealable 9mm.

Guest scott6261

I picked up a PF-9 about 3 mths ago for my wife and had the common failure to extract issue so i contacted kel-tec and they sent me a new extractor, spring and screw and it's been fine since. it has some kick to it and my wife took quite a bit of time to get used to it. She, at one point didn't think she would keep it but once she realized it wasn't a range gun she decided it was ok to carry.

good luck and Merry Christmas, Cheers!!

I agree with the other comments. It's thin and light weight and easier to conceal than a Glock or 1911. It's not something I would go shoot a box of shells through just for fun, but it is certainly manageable, and it was surprisingly accurate for me. I haven't had a single misfeed or misfire in mine. I definitely recommend it.

Guest tngw1500se

Had one and traded it off. Sometimes my thumb would press the magazine release when it wasn't supposed to. That would case a jam. It was my grip that was the problem. Some people love em but it just wasn't a good fit for me. I got an XDSC and love it but it's a whole different class of firearm. Carried a P11 for a while and it was fine. Just sold a 3AT that was going to be my wife's carry gun but she felt it was too small. Put her in a Sig P232 and she loves it.

Edited by tngw1500se
...not a range gun, ...

...NOT a range gun, ...

... its not a range gun,...

...definitely not a range gun, ...

... but like the others said its not a range gun.

... she realized it wasn't a range gun ...

So, would the PF-9 be a good choice for an afternoon at the range?

- OS

So, would the PF-9 be a good choice for an afternoon at the range?

- OS

.....a thread on TGO where everyone agrees on something.

That's 1 and quite possibly the only one we'll ever see.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I had the Keltec pf-9 and now I carry a Rohrbaugh R9

Neither are what I wanta carry to the range in so far as the "POP" they both produce -- the Keltec is lighter so the recoil is worse. The R9 is 3 times the weapon of the Keltec but the price tag is much the same too (X3). Both go bang on demand which is the main thing for a carry piece.