Hundreds of poached deer

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

I wonder if one of them was a taxidermist themselves or if there is a crooked head stuffer up in your area WD? Seems like a small fortune in mount fees alone!

Glad they got busted. Seems every so often people need to be reminded of the consequences. Very shameful. Sheet like this fuels anti-hunters.

These guys make me sick too and I wish what they had more jail time that that.

Since the stiffest penalty is the trespassing charge, will they be charged for multiple counts @ 5 years each? Surely they didn't shoot this many deer at once.

Well, like WD-40, I am also friends with one of the game wardens. However, I also know one of the poachers. I can't say I was "friends" with him, but knew him through boating, kid's softball and his concrete company. I am glad they got busted. I work my butt off trying to get a legal trophy and these guys were wearing them out in an off limits area.

This has been going on for years, more than 40 years. The difference now is the fact that Fort Campbell has a couple of good game wardens that are working to get things on track.

These heads will be on display to the public tomorrow. They will be on Hwy 79 in Clarksville. Just west of Fort Campbell Blvd. They will be displayed in a barn just past the Clarksville location of the Papa Rock gas station.

Not only were these guys hunting in "off limits" area (range area), they were using centerfire rifles (which is a big no-no). The area they were hunting in is used by the military for training, and NOT OPEN to hunting. Whiskey said it all when he said the two Wildlife Officers are trying to get everything back in order. The Fort has gone so long without dedicated wardens, the two of them are busting their butts. Not only do these guys do the duties as game wardens, but they also respond to wrecks in the rear area, DUI's, domestics and everything else that happens out there. I met one of the Wardens through TGO "Whiskey", and I can tell you this...the man busts his rear end! My hat is off to these two USFWS Wildlife Officers. Trust me when I say that this poaching has been going on for awhile, they just happened to do it with two fairly new Wardens on watch, and they got busted! Keep up the good work!

Edited by wd-40
Guest GunTroll

Don't take this the wrong way but I was wondering how mounted heads can be used as evidence of poaching? Or maybe what I'm asking is do I need to keep some sort of documentation for mine?

Don't take this the wrong way but I was wondering how mounted heads can be used as evidence of poaching? Or maybe what I'm asking is do I need to keep some sort of documentation for mine?

Once presented with their options, the suspects willingly surrendered the heads that came from the illegal area. At least that could have been what happened. I don't know for sure...

I would tape the permanent kill tag to the back of my mounts, or in a hidden area. So long as you check these deer in through the state system, there should be an electronic record. The illegal deer were not all checked in legally, I am sure.

Edited by whiskey