Bridgestone Arena, Nashvegas

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there Sunday and there is a small sign over the entrance, the second set of doors, that said no dangerous weapons or devices allowed. It's usually on the back of your ticket as well (I'm not sure about the print-your-own tickets but I assume it's there somewhere) in some of the smallest print I've ever seen.

They didn't do any pat-downs but it was for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra so that might depend on the performing artist.

It's also on the Bridgestone Arena web site:

"Carry in and Contraband Items

The following items are not permitted in Bridgestone Arena:

• Bottles or cans
  • Food and drink purchased outside
  • Coolers
  • Frisbees and/or beach balls
  • Laser pointers
  • Any noise making devices, specifically air horns with sirens, whistles
  • Fireworks
  • Illegal drugs and alcohol
  • Weapons and dangerous devices of any type

Guests found in possession of contraband items will be subject to expulsion from the facility and the contraband items confiscated."

Edited by Loon160T
I don't believe they have the gun buster sign, so does 'Weapons or dangerous devices' in a list of prohibited items equate to a legal posting?

Legal posting? No, but see below.

Legal, maybe not, but if they pat you down it will be a long walk back to the car with an angry, cold wife.

If you know how to hide the right sized gun, you can get it in a place like that, as long as it is legal to carry. It's pretty easy. People hide booze all the time going to ball games and have no problems getting that in. 18 year old kids do these so called pat downs at events. I wouldn't call this arena. They will tell you 'no'. If it appears to be legal, just hide your gun well, deep conceal a little pistol, and rearrange it in the bathroom if you have to.

• 2 months later...
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I know I'm digging this thread up from the recent dead, but I got something to add. I just got back from Ozzy in concert with Slash. Security was checking bags and I didn't see any other methods of checking for prohibited items. So like razorback said, its possible to bring the right sized item. However, I left my carry piece at home this go around.

I just don't understand people... My safety and the safety of my family is a lot more important than going to some concert and having to walk around unarmed in downtown Nashville. My wife knows to not even ask me to go somewhere posted, and if we show up and it's posted, we're going to get a refund and go home/somewhere else.

Of course a firearm is a good way, but not the only way, to protect yourself and family....

Just depends on other options available both for protection and the activity, which vary from person to person I guess...

For me seeing Kid Rock a few years ago, going to be there again tomorrow night, but I won't :-(, was worth not being armed with a handgun for the time I was in the venue, especially since I planned on consuming alcohol while there. I did get a room at the Hilton right next door so as not to have very far to go.

For others it may not be worth it all.

If you choose or have to go to place that doesn't allow firearms, it doesn't mean you can't protect yourself/family just that you need to have other options.

Guest Sprowse
I just don't understand people... My safety and the safety of my family is a lot more important than going to some concert and having to walk around unarmed in downtown Nashville. My wife knows to not even ask me to go somewhere posted, and if we show up and it's posted, we're going to get a refund and go home/somewhere else.

Unfortunately for me, I work downtown at a job that does not allow carry. Many of us are in the same boat, so we've learned to adapt to other defensive techniques. Quite honestly, a little common sense and good situational awareness ( plus a pocket knife or two) can be great defense.

I just don't understand people...

Everyone's level of compromise is different. I agree that the safety of the family comes first, but my wife understands (and actually agrees) that going to see Nashville whip the s**t out of the Red Wings is important so I keep my eyes open and have a good time. For me, I accept the risk.

As others have said, a gun is not your only option for SD.

Unfortunately for me, I work downtown at a job that does not allow carry. Many of us are in the same boat, so we've learned to adapt to other defensive techniques. Quite honestly, a little common sense and good situational awareness ( plus a pocket knife or two) can be great defense.

Well to each his own... I personally wouldn't work somewhere if they asked me to be a defenseless everyday... Just like I wouldn't work somewhere that was providing abortions...

And while there are other things you can do to protect yourself, most aren't as effective as a firearm. I can cut a tree down with a knife, but a chainsaw is much better for the job.

I just don't understand folks, and their priorities sometimes.

Guest Sprowse
Well to each his own... I personally wouldn't work somewhere if they asked me to be a defenseless everyday... Just like I wouldn't work somewhere that was providing abortions...

And while there are other things you can do to protect yourself, most aren't as effective as a firearm. I can cut a tree down with a knife, but a chainsaw is much better for the job.

I just don't understand folks, and their priorities sometimes.

I'm not defenseless without a firearm....

I've chosen a profession where 99% of the employers just don't allow hcp. I guess I could quit my six- figure job to find one that allows hcp, but that doesn't seem too wise.

When it comes to caring for my family, money is a fairly high-ranking priority. Being armed is great, but not the most important by any means. It is only one tool in the self defense toolkit.

Well for the record, I left my 6 figure income, and started my own business in the middle of a recession, and now make about 30% more money, and don't have an employer telling me what I can or can't use to protect myself.

I understand your point, but mine is it's a choice, I thought I was going to take a 10-20% pay cut when I left... And I was willing to accept that in order to be the master of my own destiny...

I understand money is what drives most people, my values are much more important than money to me.

I'm not defenseless without a firearm....

I've chosen a profession where 99% of the employers just don't allow hcp. I guess I could quit my six- figure job to find one that allows hcp, but that doesn't seem too wise.

When it comes to caring for my family, money is a fairly high-ranking priority. Being armed is great, but not the most important by any means. It is only one tool in the self defense toolkit.

Guest Sprowse
Well for the record, I left my 6 figure income, and started my own business in the middle of a recession, and now make about 30% more money, and don't have an employer telling me what I can or can't use to protect myself.

I understand your point, but mine is it's a choice, I thought I was going to take a 10-20% pay cut when I left... And I was willing to accept that in order to be the master of my own destiny...

I understand money is what drives most people, my values are much more important than money to me.

Glad it worked out for you. Most people won't risk the financial stability of their family just to stand on a minor principal. Would you have been willing to take a 50% paycut for that principal?

Personally, I choose to stay at my corporate job. I am the master of my own destiny, since I choose to work where hcp is forbidden. As I stated above, the lack of a firearm means I am neither defenseless nor disarmed.

JayC,

It is good to hear your business is going well for you in the middle of this recession. A lot of people have started businesses during this time by choice or by necessity. It is nice to make up your own rules to play by and go by your values. The hardest part is getting a customer base! I know that is the toughest part for me.