HCP & Change of Address

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

I am considering making my Memphis address my permanent address since I am planning on staying here after college I believe. My question is on getting the address on my HCP changed, I know I will have to go through the duplicate form process if I want my HCP to display my new address. My questions are:

1) May I carry like I usually do while I wait for the duplicate showing my new address is made as long as I have my current HCP on me?

2) Since I have changed counties will it require a new CLEO sign-off?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Well my issue is I need my driver license to show my new address for my First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit to be issued by the IRS. I am concerned about carrying a HCP with one address (however having to correct new address on file) and a driver's license showing my new address. While I know it would be legal it seems like could just caused added hassle during a traffic stop :D

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

I know its a legal non-issue. But do you think the average LEO is going to know that? Especially if my driver's license will show my new address and so he will see two forms of ID with different addresses. Sure when he runs me through the system it will show that my HCP address has been changed. Just seems like it could add unnecessary complications. Therefore I want to see what the hassle is going to be on getting the permit itself changed to weigh my options :D

As long as the state has your current address you can carry regardless of what your HCP shows. If you want to get a HCP with your new address on it, you are correct you will need to apply for a duplicate, this is no big deal and you can carry until the new one arrives.

When I changed my address online on the last step it gives you a page you can print out to show you have changed your address and to give to LEOs so they can verify it.

Having a different address on your physical DL and HCP is no big deal, may have to explain a bit, but if the state database has your correct address shouldn't be any problem.

My HCP and DL dont match because i changed the address online. When i was stopped, i informed the officer (as a courtsey) that i had a HCP and i was armed. He said "don't touch it and it won't be a problem." After running the info in the cruiser, he came back and asked if i was living at the address listed on the DL. I said yes and explained the situation. He said it wasn't all that uncommon and it had been covered in their training. Sent me on my way. No problems. However, if you don't inform them i could see why they might make a few calls if they had any doubt on the legality of the issue.