what do you guys think of this thing? Bump/slide fire stock?

Guest GunTroll

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

I would be hesitant to get one. It's a cool concept, but hopefully these guys are well read on the history of the Akins Accelerator. The BATFE can reverse their decision without reprocussion and make a lot of people's investment illegal overnight.

I would be hesitant to get one. It's a cool concept, but hopefully these guys are well read on the history of the Akins Accelerator. The BATFE can reverse their decision without reprocussion and make a lot of people's investment illegal overnight.

Yep....This guy can sell them all he wants, but it is all for nill when the BATF gets around to hitting it with the ban hammer. This is 100% going to happen because of the Akins product. They can't say OK to one and NO to another.

• Moderators

The difference between this product and the Akins Accelerator is that unlike the AA it doesn't contain its own spring or any other mechanical devices to facilitate bump firing and requires the operator to maintain forward pressure on the firearm and rearward pressure on the grip (a distinct movement with each fired round). The AA required nothing more than holding the trigger down. Thus far it has been approved by the FTB of the BATFE. That being said the AA received initial approval as well...

Just placed my order. Ill let you know after I get it what I think.

That's the spirit...lol If it were a neatly designed buffer tube only where I could use my current butt stock and grip I'd be all for it. I'm personally not going to spend $300 on an ugly piece of plastic that requires 10 minutes of my time to take on and off....at least not until Jeff gets back to us with the reports of all the fun he's having and why he's starting a donation fund for more ammo...lol

Edited by Kenstaroni

This is designed just like the AA was except the AA had an internal spring to for the gun forward into the trigger finger. This design has the grip and stock are stationary and the rifle moves within the stock similar to the AA. The AA was approved then after thousands were sold at $500+ each they reversed their decision. They told AA to purchase ALL of the stocks back. When they weren't able to they ATF ruled that anyone in possession of the AA with the internal spring installed was in possession of a MG essentially turning a $500 stock into a $50 stock overnight.

Even though it doesn't have a spring to assist it forward like the AA I suspect it will eventually be classified as a MG. Hell, the ATF declared a shoestring as a MG when attached to a Mini-14.

Shoe string no longer a machine gun, per ATF - bobernet dot com

I like the design and would like to try one out to see if it makes it any easier. I am able to bumpfire pretty much any semi auto gun I own as long it isn't a heavy beast so I wonder if I could any better. For $300 I have better things to spend money on but more power to you. Hope you enjoy it for a very long time.

Dolomite

• 1 month later...
The Atkins accellerator had a spring assist. This thing doesn't have any mechanical parts.

Ahh I didnt realize you actually had to push this forward I thought it was spring assisted as well, that being said it definately takes out almost all of the cool factor for me.

• 2 months later...