carry past "gunbuster" sign

Guest President Fernatt
We have yet to find any documentation of ANYone being charged with it, under the previous OR current statute.

- OS

I know this thread is dead, but just curious if this statement still stands as of 7/2011?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this thread is dead, but just curious if this statement still stands as of 7/2011?

Yes. Nobody on TGO has reported finding an instance yet.

There was one fellow in Nashville who got arrested for doing something bizarre with a gun in a park, seems like he actually fired it, don't remember, but don't know the final charges. Of course, carrying past a park sign is a heavier penalty than carrying past a private property sign. Sort of, since higher fine and possible jail, but then again, not a statute where permit is necessarily revoked, yet one more irony of TN weapons law.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
I haven't got my permit yet so excuse me for my ignorance. What is the penalty for carrying on private property such as a restaurant that is posted no weapons allowed?

$500 fine "only" (no jail time).

However, there is an additional statute that says if certain provisions of other statues are broken, and carrying past a sign is one of them, HCP will be suspended or revoked.

The pertinent statutes are:

"Certain Meetings"

"Lose HCP"

Again, a conflict in weapons law that doesn't seem to have been tested yet.

- OS

Sorry but you links didn't work. It wanted me to sign into lexus nexis

I think you simply have to accept the "terms"? I that what you see?

LexisNexis® Custom Solution: Tennessee Code Research Tool

If not, then we're screwed with the new LexisNexis rendition of TCA for posting links, 'cause that's all there is now. Clicking on my links works here, maybe you get a cookie when you've accepted terms, I dunno.

- OS

I think you simply have to accept the "terms"? I that what you see?

LexisNexis® Custom Solution: Tennessee Code Research Tool

If not, then we're screwed with the new LexisNexis rendition of TCA for posting links, 'cause that's all there is now. Clicking on my links works here, maybe you get a cookie when you've accepted terms, I dunno.

- OS

Actually he is correct, but you are too.

If you just go straight there on your own, you don't have to sign in, just agree to their terms. But if you use their "cite" link built into their page, the link it creates ask you to sign in.

Actually he is correct, but you are too.

If you just go straight there on your own, you don't have to sign in, just agree to their terms. But if you use their "cite" link built into their page, the link it creates ask you to sign in.

I just opened the frame page in new tab, and pasted the URL, changing title in TGO edit box.

I'm having a devil of a time getting around in the LexisNexis interface; mentioned in another post that Firefox doesn't work the same as IE with it either, in that a "back" command goes back TWO page views instead of one.

- OS

...If you just go straight there on your own, you don't have to sign in, just agree to their terms. But if you use their "cite" link built into their page, the link it creates ask you to sign in.

Gotta be a cookie involved, either that or Firefox works with those links but IE doesn't.

After closing Firefox and reopening, the links I posted work fine, but I get the https login screen with IE.

- OS

Guest President Fernatt
Yes. Nobody on TGO has reported finding an instance yet.

There was one fellow in Nashville who got arrested for doing something bizarre with a gun in a park, seems like he actually fired it, don't remember, but don't know the final charges. Of course, carrying past a park sign is a heavier penalty than carrying past a private property sign. Sort of, since higher fine and possible jail, but then again, not a statute where permit is necessarily revoked, yet one more irony of TN weapons law.

- OS

Thank you sir, I appreciate the info!