Have made the wife mad.

Guest Guy N. Cognito

So when you say:

Sometimes you just have to be the man of the house. My wife knows I won't go ANYWHERE I can't carry. Period. No compromise.

What you mean to say is :

Sometimes you just have to be the man of the house. My wife knows I won't go ANYWHERE I can't carry. Period. No compromise. Well, except for eight hours a day at work. And when I have to go to the post office. Or when I have to go to the kids school. Or when I go fight that traffic ticket. Yeah, that stuff. But, other than that, no compromise.

:D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advice. It would probably hurt to land on my gun anyways because I'm not the best skater if one at all.

Good advice to give yourself. I've skated and played hockey for years and fell about two weeks ago, and ended up with a transverse vertebral fracture.

And that was without a gun on, if I had had one on I'd probably be much worse off.

Guest RevScottie
No, that's not what I mean at all. Why don't you go try and provoke someone else? :stick:

Well don't leave us hanging, tell us what you do mean. Is your workplace secured well enough that you aren't concerned about a threat there? Just curious since you seemed to take such a non compromising stand but then excluded the place where you spend a third or more of your day.

Well don't leave us hanging, tell us what you do mean. Is your workplace secured well enough that you aren't concerned about a threat there? Just curious since you seemed to take such a non compromising stand but then excluded the place where you spend a third or more of your day.

Well ok, since it's so hard to figure out, and you would have to apply a little common sense - when I say no compromise, I am referring to places that post and HAVE THE CHOICE of whether or not to prohibit weapons. A Post Office is a government building. Since I need my job, I'm not going to demand that my employer allow me to carry. It doesn't work that way. Plus, I was working there before I ever obtained my permit.

I can, however choose who I spend my money with.

Does that help?

I think his point was you said no compromise, but then you admit you need your job, which probably isn't posted, is it? Well if your like most, you don't necessarily need the job you're at now, just a job. So if your truly 100% was not going to compromise you could try and find another job that allowed carry. Which I admit I wouldn't do and don't figure most others would as well.

But if you you aren't going to do that, then you have compromised some, all be it minuscule. Others are just willing to compromise a bit more based on the situation. Some don't compromise to the point of breaking the law, but I am not recommending that nor condoning it.

I'm pretty sure you each understand the other.....just arguing a bit of symantics...lol :stick:

Anyway...didn't mean to jump in....just have to add my $.02 sometimes....

No, that's not what I mean at all. Why don't you go try and provoke someone else? ;)

Disregard: Looks like the issue was resolved in later posts.

what exactly did you mean by your statements? The two statements don't correlate well at all. At first I thought you had a made a moral and ethical stance about carrying with no compromises. Later on in the thread you had all sorts of compromiises that suited you to not carry. I was curious as well.

Edited by Ggun
I didn't read some of the followups