XDm Compact

Guest DRO

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got some of the 9mm XDm SC sitting in the back ATM (D&T Arms). They look and feel really good. I like they left the 3.8 barrel and used the SC grip length. It is much more comfortable than the XDsc IMO and looks A LOT better. They also included in the case two extra mag sleeves for full-size mags. Very cool of Springfield in that regard.

Guest drv2fst

Just got mine from Outpost Armory. They have another one in stock. They were kind enough to do a price match so it was a really good deal as well as being quick convenient and local.

Funny that Springfield's Compact is exactly the same size as my Glock 19. I thought it would be more like a G26 but no, it's G19 size. Oh well, I love my other XDM's so I am looking forward to seeing how I can shoot with it. But I'm keeping the G19 just in case.

I went over to CCA in Knox and took a look at the new XDm 3.8 Compact. I really liked what I saw, feels great in the hand, its a tough choice for me between that the XD Subcompact. Price was about equal to a new Kahr PM9.

Guest drv2fst

I have the Kahr PM9 and the new XDM Compact. I don't have enough rounds through the XDM yet but I expect it to shoot as well as the other XDM's.

The Kahr PM9 is much more concealable. Both will shoot well for a close up and personal gun. The XDM serves better as a range gun. Install the larger mags and you can shoot and could probably compete with this gun and do well. It really boils down to capacity. If you are OK with the amount of ammo you can carry in the PM9 then it is probably a better carry gun simply because of it's amazingly small size. If you want more rounds then the XDM seems like the clear choice.

What's the going price on them? :blush:

Saw one at the gun show in Franklin Sat. $610. Probably shop around & beat that

a bit. Might come down after it's been on the market for a while. Like the feel of it.

I have the full size XDM 40 SW. Feels the same, except for the weight.

Good choice for that size gun. IMHO

How much was it at CCA? I stopped by WD's today and it was $679 for a two tone one...pretty pricey.

Yeah, pricey indeed...saw black ones for $585-595 at the gun show Sat. The stainless were usually about $25 more max with the original XD series.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
oops. had wrong price
Doubt that, unless they sold it at cost or something.

- OS

It's possible I may have misunderstood him, maybe that was his cost. It was loud and several people were all speaking at the same time. Does seem like some of the others have seen prices about $100 over that. I've not personally seen a price. I did understand him to say it was sold the first day he had it in the store to the first customer he showed it to. I do agree they will be very popular.