What do you think about a Kel-tec 2000?

Guest tngw1500se

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't care for them. Had one in nine mil for about a year and sold it. The trigger was like a piece of soft, squishy cheese, and the whole thing seemed more toy than gun. I don't like my guns to be toys, especially rifles. But the Sub2000s are popular, and they do have some good qualities beyond the novelty factor. I occaisionally took mine to the office in my briefcase, and it always went on road trips. It's not a bad GTFOOD gun to have if things get hairy.

Guest truthsayer

I should add that mine shares mags with my carry gun, so that was a huge part of my buying one. Knowing that my reload feeds my pistol and my carbine is reassuring.

I had one and tried out some of the aftermarket stuff on it. It took Glock 17 mags which was convenient. 9mm out of a carbine moves pretty well and the fun factor was huge for youngsters who could be allowed to safely shoot it. I could say pretty much the same about the HiPoint 9mm carbine, except HP has proprietary mags - which is not convenient. Bide your time and try and find a used one, buy it, play with it and then sell it for what you have in it. I am having more fun with a pair of SKS 16" Paratroopers and a Czechpoint VZ58 than I ever did with the 9mm "carbines" and ammo costs aren't much more.

I had one. Really wanted to like it but just didn't. The front site was so flimsy and hard to see that I couldn't really get the potential out of it. I think it's a good idea but poor execution.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I played with mine for a while, just couldn't seem to shoot it very well so I sold it.

For whatever its worth, recently picked up one utilizing 9mm Beretta mags. Haven't taken it to the range yet, so I'll have to let you know the results later. And no, I don't have pictures, I can just barely use this forum, let alone a camera and transfering pictures.:)

Guest Revelator

Like I said, to me they're just toys. All plastic, with a trigger and sights that are for ****. If you want to spend $400 I say go the complete opposite and get yourself a man's rifle. Get an Enfield, or a Finnish Mosin Nagant, and plenty of ammo.

Like I said, to me they're just toys. All plastic, with a trigger and sights that are for ****. If you want to spend $400 I say go the complete opposite and get yourself a man's rifle. Get an Enfield, or a Finnish Mosin Nagant, and plenty of ammo.

But, but, but..........

You can't fold a mosin, enfield in half and stick it under your truck seat. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gladman

You can find them on Gunbroker for less than $350 usually, and Guns For America in Nashville occasionally has them in stock for about $350. I found one on Gunbroker that will wind up being less than $350 after I pay shipping and transfer/background check.