The M&P 15-22 has competition coming in the spring

Links2k

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clear up some confusion, these rifles are being imported by Umarex, but they're actually being manufactured by Walther. Also, the high-cap mags will only hold 20 rds., as opposed to 25 for the 15-22. I wouldn't trade my 15-22 for anything, but that's just me.

Guest Glocked-N-Loaded

the M&P 15-22 has competition now, it's called the Sig 522 which blows it away IMO. Alas yes, those HK offerings do look rather nice I must say, as pointed earlier, they are still Umarex though.

These 416's are exactly like the Umarex Colts. Notice the safety goes 180 degrees like on the Umarex Colt. This only leads me to believe it is going to be the same crap weapon made of potmetal. Not sure about the MP5 but if it is also a Umarex gun I would have to pass.

I don't own a M&P 15-22 but I have held and looked them over quite a bit before building my dedicated AR in 22. I can say that without a doubt the M&P is leaps and bounds better quality than the Umarex M-4.

In my mind this might be the product that forces a lot of their die hard users to walk away from HK. Most are advocates and will fight to the death to defend the HK name but when they see what they were duped into buying because it says HK on the side I think they will feel cheated.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
Just to clear up some confusion, these rifles are being imported by Umarex, but they're actually being manufactured by Walther.

You have a link to clear that up? Because the info over at Rimfire is that this is just more junk built by Umarex (like the “Coltâ€).

If Walther supposedly built this and Umarex is importing it; what does HK have to do with it? :D

Edited by DaveTN
These 416's are exactly like the Umarex Colts. Notice the safety goes 180 degrees like on the Umarex Colt. This only leads me to believe it is going to be the same crap weapon made of potmetal. Not sure about the MP5 but if it is also a Umarex gun I would have to pass.
It's actually supposed to have a 90-degree selector.
You have a link to clear that up? Because the info over at Rimfire is that this is just more junk built by Umarex (like the “Coltâ€).

If Walther supposedly built this and Umarex is importing it; what does HK have to do with it? :D

It actually states on the page linked in the OP that the guns are manufactured by Walther and imported by Umarex. Don't make me Google it for you. ;)

It turns out that Umarex actually OWNS Walther. These guns will be manufactured in Walther's facilities, but apparently, so were the Colts. The only thing HK will be doing is signing off on the license and cashing the royalty checks. Like I said before, I wouldn't trade my 15-22 for anything. :D

have shot the 416 in 22 it is just like the colt and the mp is much better gun or the sig. like i said not impressed no matter who made or imported it.

trust me buy the smith it is better if you want a full size rifle not sure on the mp5 copies and stuf but the one they had jammed alot and mags are hard to load and very ammo picky. controls are not like the m16 or the 416(and we had a 416 on hand to compare, also had a 22 conversion in full auto with a 416 lower sweet. except mags dont fit in an hk as well as a m16 lower.) the m&p is hands down better or the sig if you like that style.