NEF PARDNER PROTECTORS AND MAVERICK 88'S

Guest firemedic J

Guest firemedic J

Just got a Mossberg 500 (50578) the parkerized version. Haven't shot it let but it looks and feels good, Thanks for all the opinions and suggestions.

Edited by firemedic J
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest firemedic J

The reason i am asking about these guns are they are on sale in my area, I am looking seriously at a Mossberg 50578 (the parkerized version). It is 319.00 +tax and bkground and these are 199.99 +tax and bkground.

Guest smileyguy
Recent topic, 5 down from yours, to get you started:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/long-guns/49070-buying-new-shotgun-hd.html

- OS

Yeh, there's good info on the Pardner on that thread, but I don't think the Maverick was adressed. I've heard good things about the Maverick, although I've never shot one. I have handled them a couple of times. The ones I have handled did not feel as solid as the Pardners. The forearm just felt flimsy. That shouldn't affect functioning, but it just didn't feel right to me. That's why I picked up the IAC Hawk 982 instead of the Maverick for an affordable bedside/beater gun. The 982 is basically the same as the Pardner with the addition of ghost ring sights. Those ghost rings are the reason I chose the 982 over the Pardner.

I'm not saying anything bad about the Maverick. I have never shot one, but the Pardner & 982 feel much more "solid".

Edited by smileyguy

I've got the Mav. 88 and have 28" and 18.5" barrels for it. I've shot bird, buck, and slugs through it with a total of around 250 rounds and haven't had any issues with mine. Like mentioned, the forearm feels loose in hand, but it hasn't affected anything with me.

If you think you may want both size barrels, buy the gun from the store with the 28" barrel because when you go to buy the barrel alone the 28" costs twice as much as the 18.5", I think 59.99 vs. 119.99 from cabelas.

Guest FiddleDog

Ive got a PP. It was my first firearm. It is as solid as a tank. I've fired a maverick. No complaints there either. The PP is noticeably heavier. Most 870 Parts fit. It think both are great options for a budget scatter- gun. One's an 870 clone and the other is a 500 clone.