In case you like Hillary as a woman president...

Guest 6.8 AR

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of folks have trouble separating Hillary from Bill. I voted for Bill. Not saying I would, now as my politics have changed a bit - it would depend upon who ran as his opponent. I'm pretty sure I'd rather have him back than Obama or W. Yeah, the AWB sucked but as a whole he seemed a lot more balanced in his politics than either of those two. My big problem with him is that he has since turned into little more than a cheering squad to drum up support for his dangerous wife and her ideas.

Hillary is a whole, 'nother animal. Bill paid lip service (no pun intended) to some of the more left-wing ideas, including some of Hillary's (I seem to remember that national healthcare was her big thing, too, while he was in the Whitehouse), but never seemed to really push very hard for them. He was well aware of what would keep him on the good side of popular opinion, overall, and what would not. I believe that's why the other side had to drag out the whole intern-under-the-desk thing, because they couldn't seem to get the majority of folks riled up against him on political issues. I think that Hillary, on the other hand, actually believes the crap she's shoveling and believes that if she pushes her ideals on the rest of us, no matter how much we protest, that we will eventually see the light and realize that she was right (oh, and ever-so-much smarter than the rest of us) all along. I think she is not only power hungry but also an elitist zealot. I think that not only does she want to be in power but that she also believes that she should be in power and doesn't understand why everyone else doesn't believe that she should be in power, too.

If the Wicked Witch of D.C. and the Alaskan Bubble-head are the best this nation can do for female leaders then I guess I won't be voting for a woman for president any time soon. I guess it is sort of like politics in general - the women who really would be the best for the job wouldn't want it.

Edited by JAB

I think JAB hit a homerun right here:

...Bill paid lip service (no pun intended) to some of the more left-wing ideas, including some of Hillary's (I seem to remember that national healthcare was her big thing, too, while he was in the Whitehouse), but never seemed to really push very hard for them. He was well aware of what would keep him on the good side of popular opinion, overall, and what would not. I believe that's why the other side had to drag out the whole intern-under-the-desk thing, because they couldn't seem to get the majority of folks riled up against him on political issues. I think that Hillary, on the other hand, actually believes the crap she's shoveling and believes that if she pushes her ideals on the rest of us, no matter how much we protest, that we will eventually see the light and realize that she was right (oh, and ever-so-much smarter than the rest of us) all along. I think she is not only power hungry but also an elitist zealot. I think that not only does she want to be in power but that she also believes that she should be in power and doesn't understand why everyone else doesn't believe that she should be in power, too. ...

A better analysis has never been given of these two than here!! Hillary is a white Nobama with a skirt and a real brain.

Great work!!

I think the great thing for us is that Hillary may well be drug down with the Nobama crowd. I think the fun is just beginning. Wait until the House and Senate starts fighting with everybody in Nobama's administration. The sad thing (....for Hillary...) and the good thing for us (...i think...) is that after what happened in 2010 and what i think will happen between 2010 and 2012; no Demorat will be able to be elected. Nobama and his gang will finish any hope of a Demorat win, because they dont care -- they are idealogues and narsissists at heart. I cant wait for the fireworks to start. That means that Hillary will have to wait until the 2016 election to try again. 2016 will make her about 69 years old (...i think, not sure...). That's a long time to be here, and lots of the commie, sociaist trash in my (...and her...) generation may (...thankfully for the country...) be in the rest home or the grave by then.

I think it is a cruel irony that a no count conniving "haint" like her is being "cheated by fate" like this; dont you? HEHEHE!

Keep up the good work!

Leroy

Edited by leroy

Man, those are some thought provoking posts. I agree

with you guys about Hillary. Where I stray is about

Sarah. I think she is more than qualified to hold the

office. Compared to Hillary, she may be somewhat

less knowledgable with foreign affairs, but that is

usually a weakness for most presidents, male or

female. Hillary is showing her age. Her present

position is wearing her down, but she's still hanging.

As far as Bill goes, he took a lot of credit undeserved,

with the exception of knowing how to survive. I won't

ever vote for any democrat because of Bill Clinton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And with hindsight, it's great that he won because he exposed himself and his party's ideology

so well. Hillary would have been a bit more on the sly.

" I guess it is sort of like politics in general - the women who really would be the best for the job wouldn't want it."

Like a housewife who can juggle 50 different things and still have supper right on time? :D

You may be right, JAB.

I'm still on Sarah's side. Like your characterization of Hillary, Sarah is the female version of Reagan, skirt and heels.

It's just a bonus that she's adorable, to me. Even if she doesn't run, and I think she already is, she will be a huge bolt of lightning for the Republican, and will cause the splinter that Leroy mentioned, if need be.

I just hope the country holds up long enough for us to see.

Folks:____________

I (...like many of you ...) dont believe that being a stinkin lawyer (...TGO company excepted, of course!...) and a political operative all you life is the ultimate qualification for political office. The "Best and Brightest" would have you think that a JD degree from an Ivy League School plus "prior public service" are a necessity for leadership position in politics.

I say to all that: "...Baloney!!..." That is about 2/3 of what's wrong with our political system. The "Fortunate Sons (...and daughters..[ and haints in pelosi and hillary's case]...), for the most part, are a detriment to this country. They actually believe the malarkey that says that they are, in fact, "...the best and brightest...". That means that any "lesser being" (...Ronald Reagan --- a no talent actor, and non "Ivy League" commoner; -- for example...) automatically cant be as smart or dedicated as these "anointed ones" are. On a more sobering note, it also means that you (...the citizen...) aint smart enough to know what's good for you and the country either. This, in my view, is the ultimate elitism and narcissism. They see the real citizens of this country as serfs to be told what to do and think; and i despise that.

It is time for real leaders who are not necessarily connected to the "Fortunate Sons and Daughters" system be brought into politics. Character in politics (...and everywhere else...) matters. The root of many of our political problems in all areas of public, corporate, and military life in this country are directly traceable to a serious lack of both talent and character. Without character, it is impossible to do the right thing, and that is a great problem in our political, corporate, and legal systems today.

I've got no real problems with "real folks" like Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, or other "outsiders". Their real test will be the "integrity test". The reason that these people are beinging savaged and slandered by the "inside the beltway crowd" is exactly that they are outsiders and are not part of the "Best and Brightest" fraternity.

I say, bring on the new blood; the old system stinks!!

Libertarian Leroy

Edited by leroy
spelling!!!

Very true, Leroy. Those things like character and integrity are more important to me, also.

Someone with some basic business skills is more preferable to me.

I'll take the new blood any day.

I would take Obama over Hillary any day and said so before the primaries. I thought O was an idelogue with no restraint and i was right. He doesn't have a political bone in his body and draws the line way too clearly to be deceptive enough in the arena of modern politics. Hillary is a as much of an idelogue as O but a much slicker politician with connections all over the place. She could really do some damage and no one would realize till long after the fact.

I'm still on Sarah's side. Like your characterization of Hillary, Sarah is the female version of Reagan, skirt and heels.

It's just a bonus that she's adorable, to me. Even if she doesn't run, and I think she already is, she will be a huge bolt of lightning for the Republican, and will cause the splinter that Leroy mentioned, if need be.

If she runs, it will be with rock star credentials only, but with the way America works, I suppose she could win.

Tina Fey is probably equally capable, but should Palin somehow assemble the right army of advisers, she could indeed likely be as competent in the job as most anyone else, since it's mostly going to be as the figurehead going down with the ship anyway.

Maybe it'll be Sarah vs Hillary. Wow.

I just hope the country holds up long enough for us to see.

Since O often seems like he's already conceding he'll be a one term prez, he still seems too cool about it all, leading credence to the notion that elections will have to be suspended due to some "national emergency". :devil::tinfoil:

- OS

Where I stray is about

Sarah. I think she is more than qualified to hold the

office. Compared to Hillary, she may be somewhat

less knowledgable with foreign affairs, but that is

usually a weakness for most presidents, male or

female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we're always gonna disagree on this one.

Sarah's qualifications: She was governor of a state that has a little more population than Davidson county, but with enough natural resources to pay virtually all the bills. Stiil, she quit her gig because of all the drama, and the fact that people were picking on her.

Adorable: Absolututely, and the less she says. the more adorable she is.

Pros (as I see it): She's a true conservative, and not a nutless weasel like McCain.

Cons: Sarah is all about Sarah, which is THE biggest problem we have with politicians. She is constantly chasing some petty issue, and is always a victim, even if somebody just asks her hard questions. She ain't real bright.

Could she be effective as a president? Maybe, depending on who picks the folks around her. That's a big scary if.

There are better candidates in the party.

We probably will Mike, but I won't hold it against ya.

The news reported a bunch of crap about why she resigned. It had more to do with the

ethics charges, every other day and frivolous claims against her by a bunch of leftists. She

did the right thing by resigning her post as governor. Those political and personal attacks

were costing the taxpayers of Alaska and it was making her position of governor useless.

She took the high road, the way I see it, but try to find it reported like that, anywhere.

That's her explanation, unlike the moveon.org-like crap that was spread about her.

She may be all about her. Is that anything unique in the political world? I think there has

been too much intentional damage invested against her. I also think the progressives are

scared to hell of her. I like that.

Besides being attractive, her less than polished public speaking rings out as more genuine.

I'm still on Sarah's side.

Stop looking at her for a minute and listen to her and you might not be. :)

Like your characterization of Hillary, Sarah is the female version of Reagan, skirt and heels.

I don't hear or see that with Palin... All I get is "airhead" that'll quit when she gets bored with the job, or decides it's just too tough for her.

I think anybody that votes for her had damn well better like her V.P.

What different did you hear from Reagan? Other than the fact that she is definitely attractive,

I don't see much difference in the messages, except that Reagan had more polished speeches.

Sure, she is weak on some topics, but what is the criteria for becoming President? Do you have

to be an entrenched politician with a couple decades of being in the Senate or House? Is it the

connections one gains from all those years in political office? Actually, I thought that was part

of the problem.

The message, Jamie, is the same.

Given the current possibilities I see that might run, Palin, is as qualified as the rest.

You're right, she is easy on the eyes:D

What different did you hear from Reagan? Other than the fact that she is definitely attractive,

I don't see much difference in the messages, except that Reagan had more polished speeches.

Sure, she is weak on some topics, but what is the criteria for becoming President? Do you have

to be an entrenched politician with a couple decades of being in the Senate or House? Is it the

connections one gains from all those years in political office? Actually, I thought that was part

of the problem.

Given the current possibilities I see that might run, Palin, is as qualified as the rest.

You're right, she is easy on the eyes:)

Yep... I think Little AR may be helping you cast your vote. :poop: She missed the caribou 5 times. End of story. :D

What she says may be Reagan-like at times... however, her overall behavior, demeanor, and general attitude... and the message THAT sends... are most certainly NOT.

Stop looking at her t*ts, imagine her face looking more like Hillary's or Nancy Pelosi's, and see if you still like her or her "message" so much. :D

In the end, I don't think people would/will be any more happy with Sarah Palin than they are with Obama. 'Cause I have serious doubts that her on-the-job performance could or would live up to her words.