ATTN: STOLEN GLOCK BE AWARE

tsmith

MY WIFES GLOCK 32 WAS STOLEN ON THE NIGHT OF DEC. 1 2010 IN DICKSON COUNTY. IT HAD BOTH MAGS FULL AND AN UNCLE MIKES BLACK NYLON HOLSTER. BE AWARE OF ANYONE TRYING TO SELL OR TRADE A CLOCK 32 .357 SIG IF YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WANTING TO SELL OR TRADE PLEASE CALL 615-977-4982 WITH THE SER.#- THERE IS A CASH REWARD FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF THE PISTOL.IT HAS BEEN REPORTED AND FILED SO THEY WILL BE CHARGED IF FOUND IN POSSESSION BUT I JUST WANT THE PISTOL. I GREATLY THANK ANY AND ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP WITH THIS. THANK YOU AGAIN AND PLEASE HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Edited by ts.smith
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear this. Could you tell us how it was stolen, so if nothing else we can learn from it.

sorry hit enter or something Erik, yeah my wife had gotten in a hurry and left her pistol in her truck last night and i guess someone need it worse than us. hopefully they are just trying to get $ for their 12 kids or something right lol. have a good Christmas bud!

I had a 45 stolen from me once outa my house . 4 years later i get a call from alcoa police dept.The officer tells me someone tries to pawn at one of the local shops.Then ask if i would like to have it back.DUHHHHHHHH ! I said yea have to pay a background check to get it back. Sold it couple days later. The guy who tried to pawn said he bought it at the gun show. Good luck man hope you find your gun and check up on it every year where you reported it. Thats what i did it keeps it in the system. Later AL

I had a 45 stolen from me once outa my house . 4 years later i get a call from alcoa police dept.The officer tells me someone tries to pawn at one of the local shops.Then ask if i would like to have it back.DUHHHHHHHH ! I said yea have to pay a background check to get it back. Sold it couple days later. The guy who tried to pawn said he bought it at the gun show. Good luck man hope you find your gun and check up on it every year where you reported it. Thats what i did it keeps it in the system. Later AL

wow did they bust the guy that stole it? or get that guy for receiving stolen property? wow hopefully ill get it back, ill do that and keep chevking in to the PD about it. thanks BigA!

Good luck man hope you find your gun and check up on it every year where you reported it. Thats what i did it keeps it in the system.

Big +1 to that. I had a .32 S&W j-frame stolen (my EX-wife left it in her unlocked car). The PD that did the report never told me that the record had to be updated once per year to keep it in NCIC. Long story short, I got a letter from the department telling me it was purged from the system, called to let them know it was still missing, and they refused to re-enter it as stolen. Knowing what I do now, I would have kicked up a fuss, but I was young and just chalked it up as a loss.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

You might consider posting the serial number of the gun, since it's now stolen property.

There are an awful lot of Glocks out there, and this is one good reason to let it out.

You might increase your odds of recovery in case one of us was presented with the

opportunity. I doubt anyone on here would buy a hot gun, knowingly. Just sayin'.

wow did they bust the guy that stole it? or get that guy for receiving stolen property?...

If the pawner did steal it, how could it be proven?

If the pawner did buy it at gun show from an individual, how could he know it was stolen property?

- OS

I dont think you have to go back to the police dept every year. I think it was more like every 3. But i went there every year and checked if it came up. The officer there told me it would be a good idea to do so. It was stolen in Loudon County.The guy who tried to pawn it had no records and didnt get in trouble no proof. I sold a gun one time and Fort Olglethorp Ga police dept called me and ask if it was stolen.I told em no the guy i sold it to was driving drunk. Anyway dont give up good luck again AL

I always ASSUMED that is was a criminal offense to be in possession of stolen property. Guess we all know what ASS-U-ME-ing gets ya.........

I don't know how the statute reads and not gonna take time to search for it, but I ASS-U-ME the intent of the law is that one would have to know or have reason to believe the property was stolen. :D

- OS

Guest tnxdshooter
I always ASSUMED that is was a criminal offense to be in possession of stolen property. Guess we all know what ASS-U-ME-ing gets ya......

Oh yeah, Sorry to hear about your theft Ts.smith.

As Clint eastwood said in the movie heartbreak ridge.

Assumption is the mother of all f ups.

I dont think you have to go back to the police dept every year. I think it was more like every 3.

Unless the FBI has changed their requirements in the past few years, it is every year. All NCIC entries have to be updated annually to keep the outdated entries from clogging up the system. Granted, this may have changed since I was in law enforcement. Probably a good idea to check and confirm that.

I always ASSUMED that is was a criminal offense to be in possession of stolen property. Guess we all know what ASS-U-ME-ing gets ya......

It is illegal KNOWINGLY to be in possession of stolen property. To charge someone with receiving/possession of stolen property, the officer would have to prove that the pawn broker (or anyone else) knew that the property was stolen in some way, or should have known it was stolen. These are both tricky to prove since it's impossible to read a person's mind. The "should have known" part of it is very subjective, but an example in this case would be if the pawn broker was approached by the original thief and only asked for $50 for the pistol. Any reasonable person knows that even a beater Glock will bring $300 or more in working condition. Same would apply if someone offered you a $10,000 car for $1500. That should raise a red flag. Even then, the person may never actually be charged or convicted.

Guest highvoltage

someone has one listed on gunowners club site. might want to check it out they just got it .Post Id: 68956 hope you find it i hate thieves.

Edited by highvoltage

Good that you had the serial number. A buddy of mine had his truck broken into and the crook got his Glock 27. He gave the cops the serial number. Got his pistol back about a year later. The crook that stole it still had it. He even confessed to the theft.

@DMark- thanks and shes pretty awesome...when she wants to be :D

@highvoltage- yes im on there and i saw it but no response to his add. is very suspect though.

@cheez- man i can only hope it comes back! she loved that gun. i have a reward for it and an extra bump to it if i get gun AND individual(s) hehe!

***THANK YOU ALL!***