Waking in the morning and Hummmmmm?

Guest carbonarcher

Guest carbonarcher

So, I was up north for the holiday. I was having conversations with my brother-in-laws and jokingly said, "Yeah, depends what kind of mood I am in on what I will carry that day".

I started to think about it....

Are firearms to men as shoes are to woman? I laughed to myself, thinking Yes.

Am I crazy? Do you all find that you think about what to carry that day? Depending on the chores, errands....

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good point....I have a Glock 19 And a Browning High Power I carry in the winter. If im going to the movies or a restaurant I carry a LCP or LCR. In the summer usually carry a Taurus Slimline. Never really thought about it.

I carry the same gun all the time, all year, although I'm about to change. I have been carrying a Sig 229 in .40, but I just bought a 226 in .40 that I'm going to switch to as soon as I have a chance to fire a few rounds through it and clean it. Personally, I make no distinction between day or location. I carry the same gun everywhere I go.

Guest carbonarcher

So I have to ask you,

Are you gentlemen 150-190lbs and straight as a board? I am 6'1" and am 215lbs, kind a got the shelf going on in the rear! lol I have a hard time with longer guns not sticking out my back pocket with a IWB. So to carry a fullsize for me, unless we are in winter... Tough!

Maybe, I am odd!

So... I guess, I do have to think about what I am going to be doing and how much work outside I will embark on before I leave the house with a firearm.

I WISH I WAS THAT KINDA THIN!

Personally, I'm short and fat, although I haven't always been fat. I started gaining weight in my mid 30s and have gotten big (although, I'm on a diet and I've lost weight), but I've been carrying a gun since I was in my 20s. However, I was an instructor for a long time, and I associated with other instructors of all body types and sizes, and we all carried guns all the time. There are so many options for concealed carry, you can find something that will work for basically anyone.

I rotate between my G30 and G21. They're similar

enough. I think it would be too tedious changing

back and forth two completely different types of

weapons. I tried carrying my 1911 and after carrying

a Glock for so long, I figured it would be ashamed

if I ever had to use it, I might be thinking about the wrong gun. Maybe I'm putting too much into it, but

it's leaving less to chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started to think about it....Are firearms to men as shoes are to woman?

I was thinking maybe it's more like holsters are about the same as shoes to a woman...you know, first what am I wearing that day, and what holster and carry mode works the best? When I started to carry it helped me to understand, (a little), the multiple shoes and purse thing for a woman.

After a hot summer( it was even in the 80's here) and caring my j-frame ( 442 ) all the time, I still haven't brought myself to carry anything larger, the light weight snubbie is just too easy, on an old decrepted gezzer like me. Now , I have bowed to the colder weather ,and added a second j-frame ( NY reload ) to my coat pocket.

Pretty much down to S&W 640 and kramer pocket holster, Ocasional concealco IWB. I Ocasionally rotate a S&W CS45 and Sig P245 both with IWB holsters not as much as I once did. I 've gotten lazy with old age and the 640 is so easy to just throw in my pocket or console etc and comfortable with easy access. The 45's I would be more apt to carry in the winter and I had a lot of errands to run and be diggin' in my pockets "wallet, keys, money (front pocket), etc.

I'm pretty much on Ae-35's train of thought

easier on "old decrepted gezzer"

Edited by laktrash
So, I was up north for the holiday. I was having conversations with my brother-in-laws and jokingly said, "Yeah, depends what kind of mood I am in on what I will carry that day".

I started to think about it....

Are firearms to men as shoes are to woman? I laughed to myself, thinking Yes.

Am I crazy? Do you all find that you think about what to carry that day? Depending on the chores, errands....

What are your thoughts?

I only own a Glock 19, so I don't carry anything else. Might get a pocket .380 if I get a job requiring a tucked in shirt though. I prefer simplicity and memory repetition though. Rather than carrying several different guns, I would rather carry one gun in the same spot, all the time. If you don't do this, you will automatically reach for your primary carry if something is happening, costing you time at best, your life at worse.

Guest carbonarcher

ab28,

You are right? I agree whole heartedly! I was just wondering what you guys were doing? During the summer months, it could get difficult to carry the "compact" 4" or bigger barreled pistols. Just surveying and seeing what all of the sages have to say!

Thanks for your input! I am greatful!

I will always carry a Glock (19,26,30) so the operation is always the same. I always carry iwb except during the summer at kids functions when I will put the G26 in a pocket holster. In rare instances I will carry the M&P 9mm in the same type iwb holster that I use for the glocks so the holster position is always the same. Nothing like muscle memory when your life depends on it.