IMI baby eagle

Guest Big-A

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meaning the IMI Jericho 941 or the Walther P99 based pistol?

The Jericho was based on a CZ75. I am fascinated by them. I am upset that they are so hard to find now, because I severely want one.

Yeah, the new baby eagle is a clone of the Walther P99 that cost MORE than the P99. I don't get that one.

Your right Smith the p99 and the new polymer baby eagle do look alike. Ive never shot the walther.The one im looking i guess is the jerico with controls on the frame. Thanks AL

An IMI Baby Eagle/Jericho is a great gun. They're based off of CZ-75's but there are a few subtle differences: they've got a "dustcover" that extends farther down towards the front of the gun than with a CZ-75 (makes them handle really nice and steady, follow up shops are a breeze as more weight up front makes them faster shot-to-shot, part of me wonders if CZ didn't notice and steal this feature back, as it's how the more recent SP-01/Shadow's are designed), their grips are shaped slightly differently and are actually a bit better than a CZ-75 since they have a deeper cut allowing one to get further under the better-shaped beavertail (again, take a look at an SP-01/Shadow's grip, never really thought about it before now, but think I'm seeing a pattern here...), then there's the safeties/decockers, there are variants with a frame mounted safety that are generally the most desirable and sought after, but that said, while I'm not a huge fan of slide mounted levers, the ones with the slide mounted safety/decocker do an interesting trick: their firing-pin-block safeties are disengaged when the gun is taken off-safe, which allows one to get the far shorter trigger reset and cleaner trigger pull like non-FPB CZ's while still having the FPB in there for arguably safer carry - you can carry them hammer-down-safety-off DA-first-shot with the FPB out of the way, or, hammer-down-safety-ON in case you need to throw it out of a helicopter or something or just prefer carrying in an extra-safe-mode (seems Israelis like to be extra safe around civilians, maybe why they carry their Glocks w/o a round in the chamber too?)...

They're tough, really accurate, really ergonomic, their triggers can be made amazing, and mags are cheap. Surprised they're not more popular really, I plan grabbing one sometime if I come across the right one.

Guest carbonarcher

+1 for CK1, I have shot a 9mm version and was taken back by how nice the trigger was! To this day, the only pistol in the CZ real that comes close in single action is the P07. Great guns!