Bushmaster MOE M4 vs S&W M&P-15 MOE

TLRMADE

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 of one, half a dozen of the other IMO. Go with whichever you can get the best deal on. They are both decent rifles as long as you don't pay too much. You might also look at Spike's. They are all decent mid-range AR's. Also added to the list of decent quality mid-range guns would be CMMG. The CMMG bargain bin guns are a very good quality gun for an affordable price.

Edited by Warbird

If it were me, of the two, I'd go S&W...

Or you could easily "build" a superior rifle here...

BCM Lower Receiver Groups M4 AR15 I got one of these blem lowers a few months ago and still can't find the blemish.

BCM M4 16" Upper Receiver Group Don't forget to add the BCG.

Magpul MBUS Rear Back Up Iron Sight - Black

Magpul MOE AR15/M16 Grip - BLACK

Magpul MOE Enhanced Handguard

Magpul MOE Stock Black

Total before shipping and transfer fee is $946

Shipping and transfer fee might add $60

I built a rifle using this upper a few months ago.

BCM 14.5" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group with Daniel Defense 12.0 Handguard

All of my transactions were seemless and shipping was very very quick. BCM is a great company to do business with.

Oh, if you have never done a transfer before or you are a little leary of putting together an AR I am sure there are people on this board in your area that would be more than happy to help you out.

Edited by BrasilNuts

I wanted a S&W when I bought my AR. I found a Bushmaster at the right price and haven't had a single issue out of it.

If I had it to do over I'd probably do the BCM. I bought mine in October 2008 though, they were kind of scarce.

If it were me, of the two, I'd go S&W...

Or you could easily "build" a superior rifle here...

BCM Lower Receiver Groups M4 AR15 I got one of these blem lowers a few months ago and still can't find the blemish.

BCM M4 16" Upper Receiver Group Don't forget to add the BCG.

Magpul MBUS Rear Back Up Iron Sight - Black

Magpul MOE AR15/M16 Grip - BLACK

Magpul MOE Enhanced Handguard

Magpul MOE Stock Black

Total before shipping and transfer fee is $946

Shipping and transfer fee might add $60

I built a rifle using this upper a few months ago.

BCM 14.5" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group with Daniel Defense 12.0 Handguard

All of my transactions were seemless and shipping was very very quick. BCM is a great company to do business with.

Oh, if you have never done a transfer before or you are a little leary of putting together an AR I am sure there are people on this board in your area that would be more than happy to help you out.

Agreed. This would be my preferred route as well.

I was going back and forth for my future EBR purchase on which brand, and S&W was winning, until I researched how much it would actually cost to build a BCM. If you were to cheap out on a few parts, such as using a regular buttstock instead of the MOE, use the included grip, get a simple hand guard, and the like, you could easily walk away with a full BCM in your choice of flavor for under $900 before shipping and transfer.