Ruger LCP .380ACP Semi-Auto Pistol

Guest jbarbrey

Guest jbarbrey

Does anybody own this little pistol? If so what do you like and dis ike about it? Looking for a small gun for the wife to carry and this seems to be a pretty good gun. to small for my hand but it fits hers fairly well. Thanks Jamie

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a LCP, good gun. Mine shot good but fell in love with the trigger on the TCP. I actually traded my LCP to my son straight up for a Keltec 380, then traded it and some cash for a TCP. Made my son happy, made me happy, made the gun store happy, everybody was a winner. LOL

I've had mine for about two years and carry it almost all the time. I've probably put 300 rounds through it all together without any issue at all. I did put a crimson trace laser on it and like it very much. The only thing I dislike about the gun is when I shoot mine, after about 10 shots, my trigger finger is beaten up pretty bad by slaming into the trigger guard when it is fired. And the trigger pull is pretty tough as well. But I love the gun for its concealability, and so far for its reliability. If you are getting this for your wife, you better make sure she can rack the slide. Weaker hands may have trouble with that. Good luck.

Guest bluemarlin

I have been carrying mine almost everyday since I bought it in April. The price seems to be going down on them too at most places / websites since I bought mine. I have about 550 trouble free rounds through mine right now. Things I like, reliability, concealability, cost. Things I don't like, +p rounds are not recommended, trigger is horrendous. If my girlfriend wanted to carry, I would suggest that gun as one of the possibilities. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Guest RichieRich

It's so light that I carry mine whenever I legally can. Very nice with a pocket holster. Not a whole lot of fun to shoot at the range given the small grip, but this isn't a sport gun.

Guest greeninthegrove

Very convenient, light and compact carry pistol with many good pocket holsters available...You forget it's there. i agree with the AP that your finger will get sore after ~20 rounds; just wrap a piece of duct tape on your trigger finger before shooting to prevent. The gun likes Remington golden Sabre 102 grains. I've read it does not like Fiocchi's.

Pro Bass (or the other way?) has a green frame for $325...I would buy it if I didnt have mine. It's a good gun if you don't mind 380. .38 special revolver (like a S&W) would be better for a woman with purse. Better trigger, less chance of a FTF and almost as light. If the LCP is kept in purse use very little oil to prevent lint from gumming the action and clean regularly.

Stay safe, Happy Thanksgiving.

Got one for my wife. Good gun. No trouble here. The only thing I wish it had was "lock back on empty" but hey, you can't have everything. :) Whatever model you get, go ahead and get some dummy rounds to help with training for her to know the sequence for when it goes click instead of bang.

I have the Keltec 380 which is very much like the Ruger. I can vouch for all the advice about these little guns so far thats been posted. I am a BIG Ruger fan but chose the Keltec for I found it (the new generation) to be a little more reliable. Carry it everyday and can depend on it. 500+ and no malfunctions. The Ruger is on sale this Friday at gander mountain for 289 and could probably be found a little cheaper. These are the ultimate pocket pistols in my opinion

Guest bigbovine

I carry this pistol almost always. Either as BUG or main carry, depending on situation. I did not buy it for its potent round, I got it because it conceals like nothing else. I have medium size hands, but it handles good enough for me to pull quick , front or back pocket with Desantis holster. It even groups decent at 5 to 10 yards with practice. Once again that wasn't a deal breaker since I only wanted something that was convenient to carry and easily concealed. Ammo and accuracy was not even part of the equation, seeing as this is only expected for use close up. I have other pistols for those purposes.

For a easy to carry, get off of me gun, it would be hard to argue with either the Kel-Tec P3AT or the LCP. I currently have the LCP and it has been extremely reliable out of the box. Over 200 rounds and no problems what so ever. For what it's designed to be, it's a great choice.

Guest jbarbrey

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. Me and the wife are going shopping in the morning and I think we will end up at Gander Mountain and see if she likes it as much as I did on Wednesday. Guy told me that he had 50 in stock for the black friday sale. I will let yall know if we buy it. Thanks again

Guest jbarbrey

Well we bought it today. Just shot the first 7 rounds through it a little bit ago. I will have to say I think I am a little jealous.(LOL) I do belive I am going to buy one of these for myself after the first of the year.

hey trekbike, thanks for posting the videos, already learned something on this Thanksgiving morning. Does anyone know how i can bookmark to these videos?

The easy way is to get a YouTube account-sign up for free-and then subscribe to the maker's videos. I believe you can also create playlists and save them that way, too. There are videos on YouTube of how to do everything on YouTube, most of which are made by YouTube staffers. A couple more I'd recommend to subscribe to as well: Viking Tactics, Vickers Tactical, and Sevigny Competition. The search engine there works pretty well, and those that have more than a couple vids posted, especially if they're in the industry, will have what they call a "channel", which is a page where all the vids they've made are in one place, and usually sorted by topic. For ATS, I'm working on getting all our gear up there, and it's separated by the type of product (magazine pouches, utility pouches, etc.) to make stuff easier to find.

Guest RichieRich
Well we bought it today. Just shot the first 7 rounds through it a little bit ago. I will have to say I think I am a little jealous.(LOL) I do belive I am going to buy one of these for myself after the first of the year.

Congratulations. Enjoy, and stay safe.

I would also recommend you to check out ElsiePeaforum.com. this is a web site created by and supported essentially for LCP owners. There are some really good threads about ammo, accessories, mods to the guns, etc. It's very informative. Some very good information especially for brand new Ruger LCP owners.

Enjoy and stay safe!

Tiger

Guest The Highlander

Wifey has one as well. Dang little thing is surprisingly accurate at 7-10 yards, and easy to shoot, I thought. I'm kind of jaded, I carry and actually shoot a 342 Ti, so the recoil and snap were not really noticeable. I have a Keltec, and found the Ruger looked better, felt better, and shot better.

Now, I've just gotta convince Santa that I really have been good enough to get another new Ruger this year!

Guest FastMover

I just recently (Sunday the 28th) purchased on from a member on here. It has approximately 150rds through it without a single hiccup. My suggestion is that magazine baseplates with finger extensions are MANDATORY. I was easily able to shoot out the center ring on slow fire at 15m but controlling the weapon without them seems to be a trial. Presentation drills with hammer shots I was able to maintain COM hits within 5m. Outside of 5m I needed to slow things down just a hair to continue the same accuracy.

Overall

It's a fine niche gun but do feel under armed, if carrying in a situation, when I know I can carry a larger, more powerful weapon. It fills a role that I've been itching to fill though....I can jog with it! My EDC is a Glock 22 when on patrol and a Glock 27 when I'm off duty. With the LCP I can now hit the gym, take off on some jogs, and enjoy some trails without looking like a goober wearing a fannypack.