Not as pretty as some but I like it!

jgm219

My wife turned me loose to pick a 1911 so I chose the Citadel model. I couldn't find any RIA's and this is made by the same company so I went with it. Great piece with only one complaint: the main spring housing is plastic. Gonna be getting a metal one to fix that.

1911A12.jpg

1911A11.jpg

1911A13.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! I have a RIA Compact 1911 and I like it. Just dropped mine off to be Cerakoted. I was curious about the ACT-MAG mag that came with it. Good to know they're okay. I haven't had any trigger time on mine yet, unfortunately.

Very nice! I have a RIA Compact 1911 and I like it. Just dropped mine off to be Cerakoted. I was curious about the ACT-MAG mag that came with it. Good to know they're okay. I haven't had any trigger time on mine yet, unfortunately.

Thank you, jcj. I was never a fan of the bumper on full sized magazines until I used the ACT-MAG's. To me they seem better made than a few of the other 1911 magazines I handled yesterday. Getting mine refinished is something on my list. The grey is good by I wouldn't mind parkerized black.

If your RIA is anything like my Citadel you won't be let down. Of course, I think going to the range is fun regardless.

Nice gun, I just got an RIA two weeks ago. I see yours has the better sights and beavertail grip safety, does citadel also call theirs the tactical model? Before I bought my gun I went ahead and ordered a wilson combat magazine in case the act mag didn't work out well, but after 250 rounds of equal usage through both mags I haven't had one malfunction from either. The only issue I ran into at first was with my grip my left thumb was hitting the slide lock every now and then and locking the slide back. It took me a few times doing it before I realized it was user error rather than the function of the gun.

Nice gun, I just got an RIA two weeks ago. I see yours has the better sights and beavertail grip safety, does citadel also call theirs the tactical model? Before I bought my gun I went ahead and ordered a wilson combat magazine in case the act mag didn't work out well, but after 250 rounds of equal usage through both mags I haven't had one malfunction from either. The only issue I ran into at first was with my grip my left thumb was hitting the slide lock every now and then and locking the slide back. It took me a few times doing it before I realized it was user error rather than the function of the gun.

You know, I've never noticed the label Tactical on anything concerning it once . I just went back to look at the manual and case and there is nothing referring to it as tactical. It's simply labeled Full Size. Even on the Legacy website.

I'm five foot seven and small handed so I actually have more of a hard time hitting the slide stop. I'm looking into getting an extended one for that reason. Operator error is always easier to correct than a mechanical one. :)

I've got a couple Chip McCormick magazines and the ACT-Mag's work just as well as the CM's for mine also.

After four hundred rounds the Citadel has yet to malfunction with any of the MagTech, WWB or Federal ammo I've put through it.

Nice weapon! BTW don't sweat the plastic MSH, by all means change it if you want, but it will work just fine. My kimber has almost 3k rounds and a plastic MSH. just don't drop it :up:

:shhh: I just swapped it out for an arched steel one 15 minutes ago. The weird thing with the plastic one was that it wasn't flush with the bottom of the grip. It worked fine but it just seemed odd to me. I'm looking forward to taking it to the range again. Between my Ruger P95PR and my Citadel, the 1911 wins hands down.