• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the link to the pdf of anterless hunts

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/pdfs/nonquotadeerlimits.pdf

Here is the link to the twra webpage about deer seasons

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency - Deer Hunting Seasons

Scroll down and read the section named Special Season Quota Hunts Eliminated

The last sentence is the important one...

It sucks the game warden gave you bad info. I would have taken his word also. Hope your friend doesn't get in trouble.

I skipped right over that sentence about the county being antlered only if it's not on the chart. That's the kicker. Why do you need a law degree to shoot at deer?

Guest BEARMAN
Perhaps you were in the edge of Macon county instead of Jackson when the doe was shot. (wink,wink)

I dunno, I sure thought I saw those two hunting over in the edge of Smith county saturday...kinda foggy that morning. IIRC (nudge,nudge)

i'm just gonna sit back and see what happens. if he gets fined i will help him pay for it or all of it depending on how much it is.

During the check in process, the clerk checking in the deer should ask the following questions of the hunter:

Was it a Male or Female?

If Male, How many points?

Weapon used? (I think they ask this)

Was the deer killed on a WMA?

If no, WHAT COUNTY?

I am sure that the clerk simply forgot to ask you what county you killed the deer in. I am sure the clerk simply assumed that you killed the deer in Jackson county. Had they asked, I am sure you would have told them the county that you legally killed the deer in... :)

Guest Spurhunter

Its clear the guy wasnt poaching, it was an honest mistake. my advice is to stop talking about it on a public website, and if it is discovered take your licks and keep going. I would bet they wont persue any charges on it thoguh with the circumstances you have stated. My .02