Walgreens

I went in Walgreens today and noticed that they have attempted to post it as a no carry. I don't believe they have done it correctly I will get a pic of it tomo. I then asked the manager why it was posted and he told me it came from corporate. I believe that all over TN they will be no carry bc of the 2recent robberies. I asked the manager why a sign would keep a criminal from bringing a gun in and attempting a robbery and he said he didn't know. I think I really got him to see it from a HCP's eyes even though it prob won't help with Corp.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved this thread from the Carry Prohibited Locations forum.

OP this is not direct solely at you...there have been other threads as well.....

Just wanted to remind everyone that the Carry Prohibited Locations sub-forum is strictly for reporting posted locations.

It is not for asking questions or making commentary...remember no on can respond anyway. Only the OP or Mods can post to threads in that sub-forum.

Try to follow the procedures in this post http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/carry-prohibited-locations/41564-faq-how-sub-forum-works.html before posting in that sub-forum. Thanks

Guest Tygarys

Can someone please explain to me why these places post after something like a carjacking (wolfchase) or being robbed? They can't be that stupid to believe the sign will actually work on the bad guys... :D

Can someone please explain to me why these places post after something like a carjacking (wolfchase) or being robbed? They can't be that stupid to believe the sign will actually work on the bad guys... :D

I could be wrong (and agree it wouldn't work) but I think some places post so that if they see someone with a gun they don't have to wait for them to do something illegal with it before calling the cops etc.... The person has committed an illegal act just by possessing the handgun.

Now unless a LEO happens to be in there at the time...it's still not really going to help or even stop anything, but I think they think it might.

• Moderators

I am a Walgreens manager and I am checking into this as our company has no policy prohibiting carry. We take much the same line as Starbucks did last summer, we follow the local laws regarding carry and take no actions of our own regarding it. I would like to see that picture of the sign as soon as you can get it posted. That way I can have as complete set of the facts as I can before I start talking to folks in the Nashville Region regarding this issue.

I am a Walgreens manager and I am checking into this as our company has no policy prohibiting carry. We take much the same line as Starbucks did last summer, we follow the local laws regarding carry and take no actions of our own regarding it. I would like to see that picture of the sign as soon as you can get it posted. That way I can have as complete set of the facts as I can before I start talking to folks in the Nashville Region regarding this issue.

Glad to hear this as my wife and I are long time Walgreens patrons. I really don't want to have to disarm or to have to go to another drug store.

Guest tnxdshooter
Can someone please explain to me why these places post after something like a carjacking (wolfchase) or being robbed? They can't be that stupid to believe the sign will actually work on the bad guys... ;)

Apparently they are just that stupid. Their lawyers think it will keep them from getting sued by an innocent victim. However, they fail to realize that we can sue them if we are in there and something happens because we have been disarmed.

I am not going to be able to get by there tonight now, thought I was going to be able to.

Apparently they are just that stupid. Their lawyers think it will keep them from getting sued by an innocent victim. However, they fail to realize that we can sue them if we are in there and something happens because we have been disarmed.

I'm fairly sure most lawyers know anyone can sue for any reason.

I also figure they know if someone voluntary enters a place and disarms that absent any proof they knew of a specific threat and the HCP holders ability to prove that being armed could have prevented any damages caused to the HCP holder, the likelyhood of such a suit prevailing is minuscule.

Guest Guy N. Cognito

You can sue them if you wish, but it's a case you will surely lose

Thanks Chuck. As a family that spends thousands at Walgreen's each year, I'd hate to have to choose Kroger/Publix as my sole source for OTC's, prescriptions, candy etc.

I got the feeling from the first post that this probably was NOT company policy but a manager that was claiming so to avoid confrontation. Non of the Walgreens in Knoxville are posted. And now from the signs posted above, my suspicions have increased.

BTW that sign does not qualify as posting. It is not illegal in the state of TN to carry where alcohol is served or sold. Even before the restraint carry bill you could still carry where it was sold for off site consumption.

Even more glad I moved this out of the Posted Sub-forum now.

Those signs are not 39-17-1359 signs and never were intended to prevent legal carry. They only warned of the consequences of illegal carry where alcohol was served/sold when that was the case.

As others have said the restaurant carry bill also removed the law that required this signs to be posted

• Moderators

I figured that was the sign, That's why I wanted a picture before I started contacting folks. We have them up at ours still as well. Even though they are not required by law, that information hasn't made its way through all the channels to have the signs removed.

I figured that was the sign, That's why I wanted a picture before I started contacting folks. We have them up at ours still as well. Even though they are not required by law, that information hasn't made its way through all the channels to have the signs removed.

If the higher ups need a refrence tell them to see Section 5 and Section 6 of Public Chapter 1009

Who cares? Leave 'em up.

Make enough hubbub, somebody in corporate will decide to post correctly, on front doors.

- OS