CZ82, My new toy :D

Guest simboden

Guest simboden

150835_713231920727_37600586_38266046_6726481_n.jpg

149692_713217943737_37600586_38265812_3118256_n.jpg

Got my new toy and just got back from the range last night. It was awesome. This is only my second handgun, but at under $300, I feel it was a great deal. It's a CZ82 in 9x18 Makarov. At the range I put 150 rounds (50 of each Blazer, Fiocchi, and Sellier & Bellot) without any problems. And honestly, I was shooting it slightly better than I shoot my XDsc.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pistol! My mom bought one and I loved how accurate it was. A few weeks later, I saw one at my favorite LGS that they had taken on a trade and had to have it. The finish on mine is in pretty good shape, IMO, but I didn't get all the cool 'extras' with it - just the pistol and one mag. Still, for $199 I thought it was a really nice deal and it turned out that I can shoot mine just as accurately as I shoot mom's.

If there is an Academy store near you, check out their brand (Monarch) of 9X18 ammo. When I last bought some of it a couple of months ago (the closest Academy to me is in Chattanooga so I don't get in there all that often), it was right around $10 for a box of fifty whereas all the gun stores in my area have Wolf and the like priced anywhere from $18 to $22 per box of 50. The Monarch shoots just as well as Wolf, etc. from both mine and mom's. It is steel cased, like the Wolf, but firing steel-cased ammo in Eastern Bloc guns doesn't concern me.

I like that it can be carried DA/SA with the safety off. I like that it is fairly concealable (smaller than my Ruger P95 and just slightly larger, in some dimensions but not all, than the Kel Tec P11 I used to have) and very accurate. Although I sometimes carry larger, I am one of those 'odd' people who believe that a .380 will 'do the trick' and 9X18 is at least as powerful as .380 and probably a bit more powerful. If I can get my hands on some hollow point ammo I'll probably add my CZ vz. 82 to my carry options.

Guest simboden

I've been pricing online, because in the store and at the range, a box of 50 would run 18-25$. But some bulk places online I saw were averaging closer to 9mm luger price ~$.25/round. But I'll price some Monarch next time I'm at Academy.

When I was buying it, the salesmen and I were talking about how probably won't need to worry about steel cases or rougher surplus bloc ammo since that's where it's from anyway.

The holster and mag carrying case as shown in your post would cost 100 bucks if it were made and sold separately here.

I bought an ample supply of some Russki ammo from CTD and the total cost with shipping was $10.79 a box for FMJs.

A coworker gave me a box of Russki HP ammo and when I tested it I got zero expansion so I figure penetration of 4-5 of them on a cartridge/bullet that small probably trumps expansion anyway.

The lack of recoil and the smooth trigger pull on the 82 sets it up as being perfect to deliver the "Quintiple Tap" anyway.

Edited by TCLouis