So had a strange "happening" the other day!

Guest carbonarcher

Guest carbonarcher

So, the other day, I could not sleep, was up a 2a.m. working around the house. Tried to go back to sleep, yea, that happened!

About 3:30pm I started to fall asleep on the couch, and all of the sudden, I hear a "BANG BANG" at my door! I thought it may have been my wife, with her hands full, not being able to open the door. So I open the door, and there is a half dressed,(pants on no shirt) and has a letter in his hand.(It has been cold for the past couple of days)

So, I open the door and ask him if I can help him? He looks at me and says "Do you F*&^ know anything about this? I looked at him and said," who are you" He states I am the one who lives next door! (at this point, I am on my stoop, and getting a little nerveous). I asked again, what are you talking about? He flips open this letter that someone complained to the zoning officer about his property. I looked at the letter and told him, "man I just moved in not to long ago, I have no idea who did this, and who I am supposed to call if I wanted too! Well, the previous owner used to call them all the time on him, for stupid stuff! ie. "your gophers got in to my lawn"! I looked at him and was trying very hard to calm the situation down, he was calming down when he realized it was not me that did this...

I asked him if he had called the zoning officals, yes they won't tell me! Now, I know, these things can get out of hand between niebourghs, but come on... To bang on someones door like that?

Yes, all the doors were locked and the alarm was on and I was carrying.. I also know that it is my responsibility to "try" to calm the situation. I think I did a good job at that...

So then he tells me about the people who live next to us. Well, humm, the person next to him is the Sheriff!

So after he calmed down and I explained to him, If I have a problem, I have no issues to come and talk to you, trust me!!!!

So he leaves, never apologizing for what he did, and storms off to the next person, remember he has on a pair of pants and no shirt. (I thought to my self, wow, I don't know if this guy is going to make it home alive!)

So.. as the night starts to progress, I am thinking to myself why would you show up on someones stoop with no shirt cussing them out???

Well, again the only thing that I came up with was that this poor guy had been brought to court many times and fined many times for some petty stuff, and he reached his breaking point! I understand that and empithize with him, just don't bang on another persons door as though you meant to break in! I understand the frustration, I thought to my self,"oh no, am I going to have to protect myself?"

It was a pretty scary thought, I was ready, cause he was hot and thought I did it!

I hope to GOD, that this never happens again!

So Wife gets home tell her the story, first words out of her mouth,"you had your gun on you right?" of course she just got a look! This is a given.

So we are taking over dinner and I said to her, jes honey I didn't want to have to text you that I am in the police station, due to self defense.

She has gotten calls in the past from me that I was in the hospital with a stab wound, so I understand her concern.

It was an honest mind &^%$ the other day! I have always read about when you least expect it...... well it happened to me, and thank GOD there were no issues and no one got hurt!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carbonarcher

By the way, I have a hard time from jumping all over the place when I try to tell a situation! So please forgive me and I hope what I stated make some sense to you all! It is my dislexia that starts to kick in, forgive any spelling issues.

Sounds like you handled it better than I would have. And the situation you described sounded clear to me.

I'd say he's lucky you didn't, at the very least, call LE ... ... or at the worst, that he wouldn't have had to worry about who complained about him. 'Course, if he's in the habit of beating on doors in the middle of the night, half-nekked, he ain't the most stable person, and someone else may end his worries for him.

My opinion? You did good.

I never open the door to anyone i dont know without my pistola in my hand, discretely pulled around out of sight. I'm also fond of going out another door and walking up on whomever is tapping on the door. Your wife was right.

Leroy

Edited by leroy
spelling!!!
Guest carbonarcher

I would not open the door for anyone at 3:30 am! Except this happened at 3:30pm.! that is what made it so strange!! I thought my wife was home!. I had been up since 2:00am. I was trying to nap at 3:30 pm when this all happened! BROAD DAY LIGHT!!