So I am torn!

Guest carbonarcher

Guest carbonarcher

Looking for some 2 cents from you all!

I have a Sig P220 .45acp, great pistol. It has turned into a safe queen, have not shot it in a year or so..

I was think about trading it in towards a 1911 commander style pistol.

I love the Sig, yet it is alittle on the large size, I feel that a 1911 commander, maybe heavier, yet easier to conceal...

Thoughts???

The Sig was bought new, and have maybe max 750 rounds down the tube. Very reliable, upgraded the plastic recoil rod to a custom metal one. This has actually kept me up a night!LOL!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gopher6

I have some I've never shot and have never thought of selling them. I've only sold 2 guns in my life and regretted both sales. Unless you need to feed the kids or pay the morgage, keep it. You'll be happier.

Thoughts???

I would let it go and not lose sleep over it. It’s not a collectable so no point in it having your gun money tied up.

For a 1911 for carry I would look at the Smith & Wesson SW1911 line and Kimber. Both are proven performers.

The Sig P-220 is a very well made and accurate pistol which is already within the Colt Commander size and weight parameters. Its D/A-S/A trigger requires training and practice to master, but can be done, additionally the D/A trigger pull greatly improves after the first 500 or so rounds fired through it. The reliability of this pistol exceeds any other NIB pistol I’ve put up against it, either you love this pistol or you don’t.

Given my duty and off duty pistols are Glock’s my own P-220 is a safe queen as well, but after having owned one of the Browning BDA pistol’s in 9mm I’d waited a long time to get the P-220 in .45 ACP. What it comes down to is if you want another pistol, can’t wait to save the money to purchase it but are willing to part with another gun to swing the deal then do it. Some handgun’s are difficult to replace, the P-220 isn’t one of them.

Explain?

The Kel Tec P11 comes with a plastic guide rod and some folks have replaced it with a metal guide rod. What some of them found was that the metal rod eventually wallowed the guide rod hole in the slide out bigger. The plastic one doesn't do that. I haven't owned a Sig and don't know if the reason is the same or not.

Maybe you could trade it towards an 220 Carry SAO? That'd be sorta best of both worlds.

(Even as someone who can't stand any of the DA/SA Sigs, I tend to look at the SAO 220's as filling a useful niche, they're like 1911's that are less finicky and that can be beat on, might be a good in-between comprimise...)

Guest mmarcum

I have never sold nor traded a gun. It is against my religion when it comes to weapons or tools. As soon as you sell it trade it, or give it away you will wish you still had it. I'm not a collector I just seem to collect the things I most desire.

• 2 weeks later...
Almost anything is likely to be worth more than US money pretty soon.

- OS

Almost everyone likes to make irrelevant and incorrect politically biased comments...

I say keep what you have. I LOVE my 1911 commander and wouldn't trade it for the world, but there is nothing like a bird in the hand.

Almost everyone likes to make irrelevant and incorrect politically biased comments...

OS's statement was not that far out of line. Unless something changes. There is at least a decent possibility of it happening. I consider my pistol to be a valuable investment... Probably more than the money I spent on it...

OS's statement was not that far out of line. Unless something changes. There is at least a decent possibility of it happening. ...

Nobody will borrow my American money now for more than about 1% per year.

Once deflation shifts to unsustainable inflation, nobody will pay me anything at all to borrow it, but everyone will demand more of it for the same products and services that were previously cheaper.

At some point it makes a lot more sense to have a wheelbarrow full of guns than a wheelbarrow full of money -- for more than one reason.

:tinfoil: ??

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I was think about trading it in towards a 1911 commander style pistol.

I would think it would depend on what 1911 commander you're looking at getting.