Do you decorate the exterior of your home for Christmas?

TGO David

• Administrator

Just wondering who [else] here decorates the exterior of their home for Christmas. We usually just trim the eaves of the house with icicle lights but it seems like I've always waited for the weekend of Thanksgiving to do it. This year I'm going to try to beat the cold weather and do it this weekend instead.

Anyone else starting to get the itch?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Old goat

Some, nothing extreme. Last year I did make a star out of coat hangers and light and hoisted it up the flag pole with strings of lights to the ground and staked about 8 ft from the base of the pole (10 strings). Looked like a giant tree at night. We started putting everything on timers a couple of years ago, nice.

I'm a scrooge. I hate putting that crap up. All I can think about is 4 or 5 weeks from now I've got to take all this mess down, pack it back up and put it in storage. Too much work for too little return. ;)

Guest clownsdd

Yep, always have, the better half loves it. Go a 14x14 shed out back and all that is in it is Halloween, Easter, Christmas, Groundhog day, Thanksgiving....etc decorations. She REALLY likes doing it 'cept I got to hang it all and put it up.

Yes, and going to do more this year. I put lights up along the front of the house on the gutter and down the carport poles. This year, I might go up the roof line and across, maybe even put something on the roof. We use to have a tree in the front that I would wrap the lights on but it was blown down by a storm so no more tree. I got to do more this year. The kids love it and it is nice to come home to that. Would like to put up a manger scene in honor of what the holiday is about to us.

Try to hang a few thinks for the misses I made xmas tree out of conduit "looks like a teepee" wrap rope lighting around it,set in front yard, also tree out of pvc tiestrap lights and hang from outside 2nd story both look pretty good "not braggin' to be so simple and easy to do. Makes wife happy that very important

I care about doing the Christmas tree up, but that's about it. My wife likes to put lights on everything, everywhere ("But honey! WHITE ONLY!!! You can't put those colored lights on the house - it looks like crap!" -Her)

I am going to put the usual "Nativity Scene" up... this consists of ugly, plastic figures from the 1970s that light up, multi-colored crap hanging all around it, and a generally laughable appearance. The neighbors hate it.

Guest SLT Kota

I would love to do this to my house.

We put I large star up on a pine tree of ours and let strings of lights hang from it making a big tree. We also run lights around a few trees in our yard that are "Christmas tree" style trees. We use to go bigger at our old house that had neighborhood competitions but now we live at the end of a dead end street so no one but us sees it.

Guest Sgt. Joe
We used to, but the only thing we do now is hang a lit wreath on the front door.

Thats me also. I did it when I was younger and could still climb the ladders and such. Now a wreath on the door and some lights around the two front windows from inside seem to look OK and is not too hard to do. The tree also sits in front of one of the front windows so it all works well enough for me and does not require much work.

When I was a kid my dad would deck the place out with lights everywhere and a sleigh and reindeer on the roof, those big candles along the drive and a nativity scene in the front yard. I may look for a Nativity scene this year but would have to wonder if the thing would survive the season without being stolen. That simply stinks but is the reality here.