Who owns a M&P 15/22 in E. Knoxville area?

The reason I ask is I would like to meet and see if their magazines will work in a Ciener coversion. I have a ton of Black Dog Mags and they run 100% but are a pain to load. I was thinking that if the 15/22 mags work I could start buying those instead.

I do have a loader for the Black Dog mags that I made and it works but it can be tempermental.

Dolomite

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 99% sure they will not. I know the black dog mags will not fit in a SW 15-22.

I have been told the Black DOg mags for a Ciener kit will not fit the S&W but I have also read that S&W mags will work in the Ciener conversions. I have comapred them side by side at a show and they appear to be identical except for a few changes for the S&W's action. I don't expect or want the mags to do anything other than be easier to load.

I have considered the "tactical tampon" method where you drill a hole in the bottom of the mag, tie a string to the follower and allow it to hang out of the hole. You pull the string to load the mag and the string climbs back into the action as you fire.

I have one. Let me know what you need.

The next time you are heading to a range let me know when and where. I can show up whenever is good for you so long as my health permits.

Dolomite

Can't really help, but "tactical tampon" might be the funniest "tactical" thing I have ever seen ;) .

Gotta say though, it doesnt sound like a bad idea, but I feel like it might look silly...

The next time you are heading to a range let me know when and where. I can show up whenever is good for you so long as my health permits.

Dolomite

I rarely go to the range in knoxville. But what I can do is let you borrow one of the mags and just return it when you are done. Im in knoxville 2-3 times a week and will drop it off to you.