Flintlock kill

Guest sneakboxer

Guest sneakboxer

Well i missed an easy shot on Sunday but this guy was not so lucky. I was lining up a small doe when this fella kept running her around. The doe went over the ridge but he stopped at about 40yds broadside. My triggers were set and the hammer fell with a flash and ka-boom. The patched ball struck him a few ribs aft of his front leg and stopped just under the hide on the off shoulder. He circled towards me and crashed about 10yds from my stand. For a 1/2in hole he did not bleed for the first 10yds but they are easy to track when you can see them fall:). The .490 Hornady ball expanded to about .590in, not bad for just a 70gr charge of FFG.

Forecast for rain tomorrow, oh boy...

IMAGE_007.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sneakboxer
Way cool. I'd have had to play the Last of the Mohicans music for a minute after that lol Ive always thought flintlocks were cool.

I never thought of that, I have the soundtrack in my truck. Some day i'll build or buy a beautiful rifle like those used in the movie. Until then the cabelas special will have to do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.