Coyote Hunting

anyone in East Tennessee / Tri-Cities are wanna go hit me up..... been popping these turds with my AK ---- one morning I let my big boy Shepard out front and I fell asleep on the couch,, woke up to this go awefull noises out front .... turns out he was jumped by three of these little Arse holes---- He is 130 lbs and was holding his own but I ran inside and grabbed my 870 and popped a shell into the ground..didnt even phase them so i walked up and shot one at point blank in the back -- the other two got the picture and backed off,,, but that cold morning a few years back ended in their demise......Burton survived and was banged up....... every since then i get a kick out of tracking and dropping them with my AK..... i know its a little unconventional using an AK --- but hell i figured what the heck... turns out is is fun.......

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was funny when the animal control came and picked up the dead yotes. He asked me if I shot them with a bazooka. Was quite the mess in my front yard. However they turned up negative for rabies. I was surprised due to the size of my Shepard that they tried to get him. They were young and thin, prolly just hungry.

• Admin Team
one question. why did animal control come and pick them up. did you call them. if so why?

When a pet tangles with a wild animal, you want to call animal control so that they can test the offending animals for rabies.

They also appreciate knowing about it so that they can track incidents where animals like coyotes are getting bolder. First it's cats and small dogs, if they've moved onto larger dogs, a child could just as easily be a target.

I posted a very similar thread a few months back where my dog was attacked by yotes. i shot 3 out of the four but never called

animal control just burnt them. I did call the vet and he said put him up for two weeks and watch his behavior as long as he is up to date

on his shots he will be fine.

I'm glad his dog wasn't hurt badly.

• 4 months later...

A friend of mine had three yotes taken off of his farm recently. He called the guy that took them a "professional' coyote hunter. He sent me pics and these coyotes were big, fat, and had nice fur. Maybe that nice fur came from the pretty cold winter. These yotes were taken right here in the Murfreesboro area. The hunting rules are pretty confusing, but it appears we can shoot them with "center fire" cartridges this time of the year, right?

You can shoot them with centerfire. Only thing is turkey season and you cannot use centerfire until it's over.

Told you it was confusing 101. As I read the law, I thought it said that the "coyote season" was open year round, with no limits. Further, I thought it basically said we had to hunt them with the hunting guns that were specified for whatever game season was open. That being said, can a hunter not harvest a turkey with a centerfire rifle, and if so, why wouldn't it be legal to harvest a coyote with that same rifle? Confusing...confusing...confusing, and it doesn't have to be. Other states have much simpler hunting laws.

I stand corrected. I went back and read the laws under spring turkey hunting, and it says rifles and handguns are prohibited. Not sure I understand why they are prohibited, but they are. Like I've said before, Tennessee has some of the most confusing and convoluted hunting regs and laws of any of the other states.

Edited by Sidewinder
grammar
It does get confusing at times, that's why I try to read them as much as I can.

Same here, 101... it is what it is, and we can't fight city hall, so we just have to make the best of it! I'm still thankful that we're still allowed to have guns in this country, and to be able to enjoy the hunting that is available to us, even if it is under over restrictive rules and regulations.