Anyone seeing rutting activity?

Guest ADAM

Kind of strange to me but Saturday while hunting I had a few young bucks came out in the woods around some does but they could have cared less about the does being there. As I went back Saturday evening I hunted over a pasture and the same thing the buck that I've been hunting this year came out with the does at about 300yds from my stand and he to could careless about the does.Whats going on? I have seen no rubbs and only a few scrapes to me this is odd especially this time of year. By this time last year I had already bagged and tagged two mature bucks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went coyote hunting this morning didn't see any deer but did see a few scraps and a very good rub on a cedar tree that was about 3 or so inches around. This is the first sign I have seen. All this wasn't there last week. Maybe they are starting to mark their areas. This was the same place I seen those 3 small bucks running together.

well maybe my luck will turn for the better up here in east Tn. My little girl told me last that the reason I haven't shot

a deer yet is because I haven't taken her with me this year. I'm starting to believe that maybe her and all her baby dolls

that I have to pack in for her are good luck.

well maybe my luck will turn for the better up here in east Tn. My little girl told me last that the reason I haven't shot

a deer yet is because I haven't taken her with me this year. I'm starting to believe that maybe her and all her baby dolls

that I have to pack in for her are good luck.

I took my daughter yesterday and today. Saw deer both days.

Today when we saw a good sized eight pointer she was sayin' "Shoot it daddy shoot it!". I just didn't have a good shot with her in the stand with me. And, even with her diggin' for goldfish and whispering every few minutes this buck had no idea we were there.

Guest clutepc

Tried hunting from the ground in some thick brush this afternoon, 10 minutes after sitting down had a buck running in chasing a doe 20 yards from me, they ran off a few minutes later, The buck had a big body but I couldn't see his rack.

then about 15 minutes later I was getting up to move to a better spot, I heard them crashing through the woods again.

I couldn't believe the doe watched me as I was getting up and bringing my gun up to shoot the buck, i guess she was so tired of him she was trying to get him shot.

He stopped right at 20 yards broadside, I pull the hammer back, aim.. then ...he looked young so I waited to see his rack better, turned out was a little 4 point so I didn't shoot him,,, lol

that's the first sign I've seen of the rut yet, it was a blast to watch.

That doe kept running in circles in front of me like she was saying "shoot him!!!" almost laughed at one point... she was tired of him chasing her and she didn't want anything to do with him...lol

I thought about shooting her but she wouldn't hold still, trying to keep away from him..

I still can't get over the fact I was standing up with my gun against the tree with those 2 no more than 20 yards from me.

I've had that happen in a tree stand but on the ground is a whole different feeling.

Man I love this stuff, Fun time of the year !

I just had two doe being chased through my front yard and across the street into a wooded lot by a young buck. He had antlers but not many. They appeared very very light colored.... and as I type this I see him again no doe in sight though.. I will try to get a pic if I see him again.

well after I posted this and went hunting over the weekend finally saw a rub line and more scrapes

still havent seen any chasing by the bucks I have seen but those does tails are swishing so maybe this weekend.

Around here they're rutting pretty good. I've seen bucks chasing does and so far during ML saason I've seen more bucks than does. I saw a decent 3 yr. old 8 point this morning with his nose to the ground. I grunted at him just to mess with him and he didn't seem at all interested.