Need help with AK build

Guest HCRoadie

Guest HCRoadie

I received an ak47 receiver and have no time nor tools to devote to this project. If there is a TGO member in the Nashville area that is willing to help me out (by that I mean you build it) I will gladly pay for your time...and the parts of course. Thanks in advance for your help.

HCRoadie

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HCRoadie
do you have anything other than your receiver?

I only have the receiver. It is unfinished, meaning bare metal. I think the trigger hole is heat treated, I'll have to check with my source

God luck with the build. If you can find all the parts you need you can build a nice rifle. I haven't tried building an AK from the ground up. From the experience of my friends it is nowhere near as easy or convenient as building an AR.

God luck with the build. If you can find all the parts you need you can build a nice rifle. I haven't tried building an AK from the ground up. From the experience of my friends it is nowhere near as easy or convenient as building an AR.

No where near it. I've had my tax stamp and all the parts for atleast 2 years now. I will have to send my Krinkov off to be built. Eh, about 300$ I do believe for me.

I've built several from flats, none from pre-fabricated receivers and while it is certainly more difficult and time consuming than an AR it is doable if you're handy with tools. Nothing about them snaps together like an AR. Never gotten one together much faster than 8-10 hours not including any finish application (park or spray on).

If it's a commercial receiver the entire receiver will be heat treated, not just the trigger and hammer holes.

To be honest, with the price of parts kits compared to buying a completely finished gun, and since you're not doing your own labor, I doubt if you'd be able to come out on a build these days. Finished guns have gotten pretty cheap. Of course, there's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment when doing your own, but then that's not what you're planning.

I'd be glad to offer you some tips and have a pretty through set of steps of procedure to keep you on track for doing things in the right order I'd be glad to share if you're interested.