CZ 75 omega?

Guest carbonarcher

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

The biggest difference is the Omega's have the newer "Omega" trigger-system while the older ones have the tried and true "classic" trigger-system, Omega 75's also have the larger mag release button like on an SP-01. The Omega system has fewer parts (not by much) and a slightly better out-of-the-box SA pull (at the expense of a slightly harder DA pull).

From what I've found seems most people who have them like them (omega trigger), that said, also seems most people who also own or who have owned the "classic" CZ trigger-system do not like them. Seems to be a lot more chatter complaining about the Omega's than the "classic" type FWIW.

I'll say this: CzCustoms doesn't offer a Competition hammer or custom trigger work for the Omega's and they aren't offered in their more target/competition/nicer-trigger models like the Shadow, TS, and Czheckmate (since those models are very serious when it comes to their triggers I think that says something).

IMO, I far and away prefer the higher-beavertail models with frames like the Omega you're looking at so I can see why you may be digging it, but I'd recommend choosing an 75SA, or any SA/DA SP-01 variant over going with the Omega, as if you haven't felt a CZ trigger with the Competition hammer installed then you have no idea what you've been missing, best $63 a CZ owner could spend (do yourself a favor and just factor it into the cost of your new CZ, or order one right now if you've got a CZ that needs some trigger-love, the hammer's sear-bed and hook profile re-times the action and makes the triggers scary good without doing a single thing else). Stock CZ triggers vary widely, some are good, most are decent, some suck, if CZ's came with the competition hammers standard from the factory they'd probably be 10 times as popular as they are now if not more.

In fact, on the subject of CZ triggers: if it's for range fun and not a carry gun, remove the lawyer-happy FPB, drop in the competition hammer + the straight pre-travel and over-travel adjustable SAO trigger into any old 75B/SP-01 and you end up with a trigger that only a few of the very best and highly tuned 1911's can hang with, we're talking 2.5-3lbs with around 3mm total travel: 1mm take-up, break, 1 mm or less over-travel, 1.5mm reset, f**king beautiful.

Edited by CK1
Guest carbonarcher

Thanks CK1,

I love my 75b! I am very careful about, if it don't come from the factory that way, it don't get carried! I have a box stock cz75b, love it, I just did not hear about this omega trigger! As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I will give up the beaver tail and stick to my tried and true cz 7b! Thanks for the input!

Thanks CK1,

I love my 75b! I am very careful about, if it don't come from the factory that way, it don't get carried! I have a box stock cz75b, love it, I just did not hear about this omega trigger! As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I will give up the beaver tail and stick to my tried and true cz 7b! Thanks for the input!

You know, if you're the type that likes to keep things stock, then the 75-Omega might be right for you, as it's really just mildly updated ergos with it's stock trigger made to have a slightly better SA pull, maybe you're exactly whom they had in mind...

I'll tell you though... you MUST try a CZ with a competition hammer sometime, and even better, hopefully one that's been converted to SAO (without the FPB nonsense), it's shocking how good they are (if they were made legal in gun games like IDPA/IPSC they'd probably just stop making 9mm 1911's after a while).