USPSA at NTPS this weekend in Dickson

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to make it out this weekend to try shooting USPSA/IPSC Production Division for the first time, but I don't think my extra mags or mag holders I've ordered are going to make it here in time...

Wondering if any of the NTPS guys or shooters going to this match happens to own/run a CZ 9mm that I might be able to squad with in order to borrow a couple mags to get through the COF's (I've got 3, but as I understand it I need 5)?

Thanks.

Depending on how many rounds your mags hold you can get away with 3. The CZ is probably best set up for production division, which would limit you to 10 rounds per mag. But it is also legal in Limited division, where mag capacity is limited only by the length of the mag itself. If your mags hold 15 (just guessing) then you could start with 45 rounds, which should be enough to finish a 32-round stage (32 is the maximum rounds per stage).

It's not an ideal setup, and you would be at a competitive disadvantage against other shooters in limited division, but at least you could come out and shoot.

Depending on how many rounds your mags hold you can get away with 3. The CZ is probably best set up for production division, which would limit you to 10 rounds per mag. But it is also legal in Limited division, where mag capacity is limited only by the length of the mag itself. If your mags hold 15 (just guessing) then you could start with 45 rounds, which should be enough to finish a 32-round stage (32 is the maximum rounds per stage).

It's not an ideal setup, and you would be at a competitive disadvantage against other shooters in limited division, but at least you could come out and shoot.

Hmm Limited... Think that's exactly what I'll do (TimC said the same thing this morning actually). The CZ holds 19 in each mag so I should have plenty of rounds to get through a stage.

While I don't know the rules in-and-out quite yet, I know 9mm is minor and will put me at a bit of a disadvantage, but honestly since this will be my first time shooting IPSC/USPSA I'll have plenty on my plate as it is and using the gear I'm already used to will probably just work out better anyway as I'll have enough that's new to deal with as it is.

I mostly shoot IDPA with the MCTS guys so I'll probably land in Production in the future once the rest of my gear shows up as IMO it relates slightly more to what we do in IDPA (at least equipment-wise), but pretty sure it'll be a blast to be able to load up my mags to capacity and let her rip.

Theres an IDPA BUG match happening in Gallatin on Saturday and Robert always puts on a great match, so if I can swing it, I'll see if the boss let's me hit that one on Saturday and also make it out to Dickson for this one on Sunday. I've been itching to shoot my CZ in a match for a couple weeks now since I've changed out a few things and wrenched on it quite a bit, so I'm just glad we happen to live in an area where there is so much stuff going on shooting-sports-wise.

(P.S> - Thanks Mac for offering to let me meet up and borrow a couple mags if I wanted even though you can't make it out this weekend, that's really awesome of you.)

Ha, just checking the tracking numbers on some of the gear I've got on the way: looks like my new holster may not make it in-time either, and with my new front sight the CZ won't work in my Glock holsters anymore... pretty sure I'll be the only cat shooting Limited from an extreme-forward-cant leather concealment holster designed to be worn at 5 o'clock... :)

Edited by CK1
Looking forward to coming out tomorrow. This will be my first match (ever), so hopefully I won't emabarrass myself too bad.

You're going to have a great time. You will find that the folks there are friendly and helpful. I'm shooting Sunday so I won't be there when you shoot, but the guy who does registration will make you feel right at home as will the squad you shoot with.