Rhino

Guest carbonarcher

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been interested in hearing more about those since I saw an article about them a year or so back. Unless I am mistaken, the designer is the same as the designer for the Mateba Unica auto-revolver, although this one is not an auto-revolver.

A guy on the Kel Tec forum (KTOG) had a chance to rent one at a range recently and he posted a bit of a range report. One of the more significant things he mentioned is that the external 'hammer' is not a hammer, at all. It is simply a cocking lever to allow the revolver to be fired in single-action mode. He said that after the 'hammer' is pulled back to cock the revolver, it simply falls back into its normal, resting position. He also said that the hammer doesn't move when firing DA - apparently, there is some sort of striker firing mechanism.

As far as being in gun stores, I have seen exactly one for sale but can't remember if it was at an LGS or a gun show. I'm thinking it was at the gun show at the Knoxville Expo Center. Also, as I said, a guy on the Kel Tec forum rented one at his range (actually, he said they were offering rental of it for free with the purchase of a box of ammo) so there are some out there. I think the price on them is running somewhere around $600 to $800.

Edited by JAB
Guest carbonarcher

One of the things that was mentioned in G&A was that due to the low bore axis, firing 158gr. full loads with a 2" barrel was not bad at all.

Interesting!

Like you said, it is new, and I am sure they are going to have there growing pains. We will see! It looks very concealable!

Guest Law of Thirds

One negative: Since the "hammer" is not a hammer, but only a cocking lever, it looks like the only way to drop the hammer once cocked to single action is by firing a round.

Guest coldblackwind

Lebanon gun shop had one a couple weeks ago, not sure if its still there. Weird looking, weird feeling, and BIG, but neat none the less. Not my cup of tea, but it is definitely unique.

As far as being in gun stores, I have seen exactly one for sale but can't remember if it was at an LGS or a gun show. I'm thinking it was at the gun show at the Knoxville Expo Center.

I saw one at the last Knoxville show. It is strange and not to my liking, but that's just who I am. Didn't notice the price, was too busy gawking at the novelty of it.