Caracal pistols. BEWARE!

Guest Edmond

You better use eye protection. I heard this morning of a shooter who had a case flying straight to the eye like it happened to me. He was fortunately wearing protective goggles.

That came after I have had two calls from people who have tested the pistols they just received and experienced the same malfunctions I experienced with the batch of pistols I tested..

IMG_53641024.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finely tuned the extractor by ramping the lower inside face in order for the case head to slide smoothly in place and I modified the angle of the ejector face (I wish I had more material to start with), the modified pistol now runs like a swiss clock.

I am I reading these threads you have posted in right? This gun was the best thing since sliced bread. Then you modified it. And now you want to warn everyone about a problem with the gun?

I don't know how ya'll hold your guns in Europe, but here in Tennessee, we have not had any problems, especially not any like you described. Over 50 shooters have put a couple thousand rounds through three different Caracals I have taken to the range without a hitch. If anybody wants to hold one, put some rounds through one, and have a chance at winning one in a random drawing, come out and shoot the ORSA Toys for Tots match this Saturday, 6 Nov. $30 and a new toy gives you 7 great stages to shoot, including one that will have Caracal as a prop gun, free lunch, prize table, and a chance to win one of three guns to be given away.

Edited by 2Alpha

Edmond, try turning your hand over so that the gun is vertical instead of sideways, when you shoot... I'll bet the casings go off beside you then, instead of hitting you in the face. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yep. I definitely do not know how to use a frirearm, any firearm.. ;)

IMG_5146-Halfsecond-1.jpg

But did you hit what you were shooting at? And how far away was it?

Quick on the trigger doesn't necessarily mean that you're any good with a gun.

( Ever hear the term "Spray 'n Pray"? )

...just sayin'. :D

Not to pile on, but that pic is pretty much textbook pistol technique... if it was the mid-to-late 70's and not 2010. Weaver stance? Index-finger around the front of the trigger-guard? Only one eye open..? You're not exactly making the best case for a shooter to heed your proclamation to "Beware" based on your opinions considering what "expertise" you're demonstrating (especially if you've been following advances in firearms as avidly as you've been following advances in modern handgun techniques).

I'm probably not the only one who's noticed your copied and pasted Caracal reviews/posts being posted all-over on just about every forum out there (many of which are forums you appear to have joined solely for this task based on the low post counts attached to many of them), however, that can be forgiven as you're certainly not the first gun-fanatic to take up the cause of preaching the gospel of your new favorite brand (guilty myself to a lesser but certain extent), but, to indite a pistol's performance based on your singular experience and more or less take it upon yourself to wage a smear campain through the posting of your displeasure on all of the same firearms forums you've been spamming before your opinion soured is a little bold even for my tastes. You thought they were awesome, now you don't, great, good for you.

Are the Caracal's good or bad guns? I don't know...

Should I listen to anything you've posted about them or let any of your findings influence my opinion on them? Hell no.

I'm not affiliated with Caracal in any way shape or form, but seeing this just annoys me when there are people working hard to introduce a new gun to the market.

(Please feel free to copy and paste this to all of your posts all-over the web if you like.)

End tirade.

Not to pile on, but that pic is pretty much textbook pistol technique... if it was the mid-to-late 70's and not 2010. Weaver stance? Index-finger around the front of the trigger-guard? Only one eye open..? You're not exactly making the best case for a shooter to heed your proclamation to "Beware" based on your opinions considering what "expertise" you're demonstrating (especially if you've been following advances in firearms as avidly as you've been following advances in modern handgun techniques).

I'm probably not the only one who's noticed your copied and pasted Caracal reviews/posts being posted all-over on just about every forum out there (many of which are forums you appear to have joined solely for this task based on the low post counts attached to many of them), however, that can be forgiven as you're certainly not the first gun-fanatic to take up the cause of preaching the gospel of your new favorite brand (guilty myself to a lesser but certain extent), but, to indite a pistol's performance based on your singular experience and more or less take it upon yourself to wage a smear campain through the posting of your displeasure on all of the same firearms forums you've been spamming before your opinion soured is a little bold even for my tastes. You thought they were awesome, now you don't, great, good for you.

Are the Caracal's good or bad guns? I don't know...

Should I listen to anything you've posted about them or let any of your findings influence my opinion on them? Hell no.

I'm not affiliated with Caracal in any way shape or form, but seeing this just annoys me when there are people working hard to introduce a new gun to the market.

(Please feel free to copy and paste this to all of your posts all-over the web if you like.)

End tirade.

Guest 10mm4me

To the OP, the only reason you had those problems is because you messed w/the extractor and other parts and you don't know what the H*** you are doing. You obviously have no idea of the level of engineering that goes into perfecting a pistol design to work in an intended way. This is just another case of a wannabe gunsmith who F***** up and almost hurt himself now he blames the gun. Go figure.

To the OP, the only reason you had those problems is because you messed w/the extractor and other parts and you don't know what the H*** you are doing. You obviously have no idea of the level of engineering that goes into perfecting a pistol design to work in an intended way. This is just another case of a wannabe gunsmith who F***** up and almost hurt himself now he blames the gun. Go figure.

this time we are in agreement. (oh boy you better mark this on your calander).

If you don't know what you are doing don't muck it up.

Guest Law of Thirds

I've seen the back story behind this on other boards.

Apparently the gun had intermittent issues with where it threw brass and the OP decided to attempt to fix this with metal work rather than with the first option, a changed out extractor spring. Instead of fixing the issue, he just caused the issue to become worse.

There may be an issue with the way the gun is sprung from the factory, but the OP went about remedying the situation bass ackwards.