Your opinion.

Guest Sara P.

The only stab at objectivity is when someone is doing research on a topic or issue makes

an open minded attempt to get at the truth. Hopefully that research is done with honesty

and allows the researcher to come to a conclusion, otherwise known as truth, or in the

oppositions mind, bias. It depends on the conditions.

You have to have an understanding of the US Constitution and belief in it before you can

approach a topic like what she proposes, to write an article with reason by her side.

That's rarely found in the media, today, especially the print media. You have to know why

the 2nd was put in there by the founders. You have to also understand what a free society is,

and not limited in it's freedoms by a growing government.

You have to be honest with yourself before you can get to the truth, then you end up with a bias.

I suspect it's like this. When a reporter is given a story, he or she is told what is needed in the

story, not to get to the truth. Like that video from the Chattanooga TV reporter, it's possible

that one can end up being honest and reporting the truth.

Maybe Sara P. ends up like that if started out right. It would be nice to add a decent reporter

to a cloudy crowd. Are you so worried that she will build a bad story, or does she already have

a bad resume? Or, is it just the Commercial Appeal connection? It might not be a bad thing.

You can't control what a person writes, but you can give a factual representation and make it

hard to argue against. I doubt the Commercial Appeal will do much outside of Memphis. It's

probably a good place to do this, if it is ever printed. They already have an attitude about guns

and I doubt New York or Saint Louis would even matter. We're not talking Pulitzer here.

Edited by 6.8 AR
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnxdshooter
I can just see the headline:

Tennessee Gun Owners mute on changes to state gun laws: what are they hiding?

If your so concerned go on the record with her.

Guest tnxdshooter
I survived that New York Times article on the same subject. How else is our side of the story going to be told? The anti's have already had their say

So go on the record with her then.

"I'm not telling my story because they'll distort it" is a paranoid way to look at it.

I don't think that you understand what paranoia is. Paranoia is an 'irrational fear'. When a well-defined group of people consistently attack you and subvert what you say, it is NOT paranoid to be reluctant to talk to them.

Think of it this way; If you beat a dog every time you see him, is he paranoid when he shrinks away when he sees you coming?

I don't think that you understand what paranoia is. Paranoia is an 'irrational fear'. When a well-defined group of people consistently attack you and subvert what you say, it is NOT paranoid to be reluctant to talk to them.

Think of it this way; If you beat a dog every time you see him, is he paranoid when he shrinks away when he sees you coming?

She was an intern. If that has no significance to you, then you're not paranoid, you just don't know how a large newspaper works. I'm not scared to talk to her. I believe she's just trying to write a paper for school.

If she is, in fact writing a paper for school, and not doing anything else, it might be a good time to

educate her before the anti's lie to her. I just don't see any down side. If the facts are presented,

they readily speak for themselves. Just about anything the Brady Bunch has can be proven wrong.