Odds of accidental discharge with a properly holstered Glock.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Tell them how dangerous it is to be in a gun fight with a gun that has a empty chamber. If you carry on a empty chamber, you had better be able to draw your gun and rack a round very fast, very very fast. I do not feel that I would be capable to do this fast enough under the extreme stresses of a gun fight. Thus why I carry my Glock with a round chambered.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FiddleDog

I carry my 26 condition 1, with a Tagua IWB that has a thumb break retention snap. The trigger is covered. Reholstering would be pretty difficult and dangerous without taking the entire holster out, but that's mainly because things can get caught in the trigger guard.

• Admin Team
I carry my 26 condition 1, with a Tagua IWB that has a thumb break retention snap. The trigger is covered. Reholstering would be pretty difficult and dangerous without taking the entire holster out, but that's mainly because things can get caught in the trigger guard.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's kind of a suede version of an uncle mikes. I'll still stand by my earlier statement that being able to put your weapon away safely is just as important as being able to get it out. For your safety, it may be more important.

Yes these particular parties do. One even has a carry permit and a Glock but only carries on "special occasions" I think. As far as IWB I would like something better if I can carry in the same location (behind my wallet) and one that wont require be to go buy a whole new wardrobe to use it lol. I dont wear emo skinny jeans but I do tend to own pants/jeans/shorts that actually fit my waist so a bulky IWB wont fit.

Glocks are not "thin" pistols for IWB, BUT I have used the Crossbreed QwikClip for the last two years to IWB my G27. It is one of the most comfortable hostlers I've worn. It will probably even work decently with your standard fitted pants, but buying a size larger may help. It only has a single, wide clip that is easy to take on and off. I generally remove and replace my gun/holster about 2-3 times a day. The kydex is secure, the leather backing forms to the shape of your hip. The single clip also allow the rig to "float" if needed, you can pull it forward or backward to make it more comfortable to sit/drive. I can even ride a bike comfortably with mine. Give it a try:

QwikClip

Guest tnxdshooter
I recently received my HCP and since then have began carrying my Glock 27 on most legally permissible occasions. For the most part I have been carrying in a soft IWB holster tucked in the back of pants. I carry the gun with a round chambered.

Well I have began to deal with some flack from some loved ones over the fact I am carrying and how it is dangerous to carry especially with a round in the chamber in a Glock since it does have a traditional toggle safety. I think it is paranoia but just to make sure I am not crazy what are the real risk associated with carrying a properly holstered Glock with a round chambered?

Provided that you keep your finger off the trigger while holstering or unholstering I would say slim to none.

Guest FastMover

Greene Military has Wilderness 5 Stitch belts for 45.00. As quite a few posters have noted a good holster and belt are key. I IWB carry a Glock 27 when I am not on duty. That Glock simply will not go bang unless you pull the trigger.

Round in the chamber is the only way to carry! The likely hood that you get into a physical altercation that escalates to a deadly force situation is very prevailent. Trying to draw then chamber a round, while receiving a good tune up from a local thug is not something I would like to try.

you need a galco summer comfort IWB holster they run from about 60 to 100 bucks but they are worth it, ...

I never recommend holsters that have attachment points at the already thickest part of the rig, but if it works for you, it works for you.

But for a C note, you can have a number of other custom leather options, not to mention essentially ALL the Kydex models made.

- OS

Guest DeadEye
I recently received my HCP and since then have began carrying my Glock 27 on most legally permissible occasions. For the most part I have been carrying in a soft IWB holster tucked in the back of pants. I carry the gun with a round chambered.

Well I have began to deal with some flack from some loved ones over the fact I am carrying and how it is dangerous to carry especially with a round in the chamber in a Glock since it does have a traditional toggle safety. I think it is paranoia but just to make sure I am not crazy what are the real risk associated with carrying a properly holstered Glock with a round chambered?

I have a 27 since the early 90's and carried it in all types of holsters, they only ting it goes bang is when my finger pushes its trigger! LOL

Why are you asking this question? Was what you heard from friends and relatives the first you heard of this? Have you read about the history of the Glock problems? You need to understand the risk before you can decide if you want to take it.

Are all accidental shooting negligent? Did all of those people pull the trigger? You have to be drunk on the Glock Kool-Aid to believe that a Glock (or any other mechanical device) can’t fail. Glocksters that have absolutely no mechanical or gunsmithing experience will tell you that in all cases the user pulled the trigger. They have no idea; they make themselves feel better by making silly sounding statements involving “buggers†and “bang switchesâ€.

Did these people pull the trigger? You would need to look at each case and decided. That would be almost impossible to do since you will only hear one side. Has Glock settled lawsuits that involved the weapon firing without pulling the trigger? Have they had “Upgrades†because of claimed AD’s?

Accidental discharges happen. To believe that that all AD’s are negligent is ridiculous. If you have one and claim the weapon fired without you pulling the trigger you will be moved from the Glockster category to the Nutcase category. It is impossible to document an accidental discharge but if it were done, it would simply be blamed on that weapon.

If you or one of your family members is shot; it will be on you. Whether it is because of improper maintenance, improper handling, improper storage or from making modifications to your gun. Make sure you are informed on what you bring into your home. Glock has a reputation of AD/ND; find out if it deserves it.

Guest Miracle

Here is what you do Nate:

1. Put on super tight wife beater, pit stains optional.

2. Wear the Glock in the shoulder holster.

3. Walk around. Don't GAF.

4. ????

5. Profit.

lol

You should carry it the way YOUR comfortable with it, rather than how they think you should carry. Should the time come that you ever need to pull it out you need to be comfortable with your system and preparation. That might mean switching to a gun with a normal safety or adjusting they way you carry the glock but it would be worth it.

Here is a video of a torture test of the glock trigger.

What do you figure that guys agenda was? He claims that he destroyed a new Glock without sponsorship.

He didn’t prove anything other than if what he said was true; he had $500 to throw away. :D

Guest kirkosaurus
What do you figure that guys agenda was? He claims that he destroyed a new Glock without sponsorship.

He didn’t prove anything other than if what he said was true; he had $500 to throw away. :D

Actually he just cleaned the gun up a bit and it's now his every day carry. I guess you'd probably only know that if you're a geek like me and follow The Handgun Podcast. :)