What are you listening to now?

Marswolf

I can't stop listening to this song. I just recently discovered Joe Bonamassa, but I'm now a huge fan.

+1. Check out the LIVE DVDs!
See post 826

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk Edited by kieefer

+1. Check out the LIVE DVDs!
See post 826

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I will certainly have to get t hat album. After discovering Joe Bonnamassa, it's opened up my ears to a whole new genre of music, "Electric Blues". I've always known about Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Kenny Wayne Sheppard, but after creating a station on Pandora based on Joe, I discovered the likes of Buddy Guy, Melvin Taylor, Johnny Winter, Walter Trout, etc.I don't even listen to my old classic rock standards anymore.I can't get enough of this style of music.

• Like 1
Guest LittleBear571
Hatebreed - destroy everything
Avenged Sevenfold - Fiction
Ice Cube - check yo'self
Trampled by Turtles - Codiene
While She Sleeps - My Conscience, Your Freedom
Parkway Drive - Sleepwalker
Chris Knight - love and a .45
Veil of Maya - Unbreakable
August Burns Red - White washed

So basically a little bit of everything from bluegrass, rap, metal, hardcore, etc.
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Lester Weevils

This little ditty was released 2005 by Van Der Graaf generator, elderly prog rockers with salad days in the early 1970's. This is somewhat ponderous and pompous as is the nature of prog rock, but a purt good tune nontheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89Tjo8-Wg0

Yes and every bloody emperor's got his hands up history's skirt
As he poses for posterity
over the fresh dug dirt.
Yes and every bloody emperor with his sickly rictus grin Talks his way out of nearly everything but the lie within
Because every bloody emperor
thinks his right to rule divine
So he'll go spinning and spinning and spinning into his own
decline.

Imperceptible the change as one by one our voices falter
And the double standards of
propaganda
Still all our righteous rage.

By this we are all sustained: our belief in human nature.
But our faith diminishes - close to
the finish,
We're only serfs and slaves
As the empire decays.

And another neat "political" tune from 1973--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJYbFFFZwdE

This might raise a few eyebrows and skepticism towards me; My wife certainly has expressed ....concern that I like this given my usual taste in music but I'm sorry.  This gal can SING!  I usually loathe modern female singers but to me, she sounds like something I would hear in a speakeasy, drinking bathtub gin, wearing a pinstripe suit and carrying one of those fancy new [cutting edge technology] Nickel plated Colt Super .38's.  Somewhere around 1930, you know, before Chicago became the worlds largest craphole.  At the time, it was only like the tenth largest craphole.  LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw

• Like 1

This might raise a few eyebrows and skepticism towards me; My wife certainly has expressed ....concern that I like this given my usual taste in music but I'm sorry.  This gal can SING!  I usually loathe modern female singers but to me, she sounds like something I would hear in a speakeasy, drinking bathtub gin, wearing a pinstripe suit and carrying one of those fancy new [cutting edge technology] Nickel plated Colt Super .38's.  Somewhere around 1930, you know, before Chicago became the worlds largest craphole.  At the time, it was only like the tenth largest craphole.  LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw

Same here. Given my typical choice of classic rock/hard rock/metal, she doesn't really fit, but I love her.

Thanks for that, I will certainly have to get t hat album. After discovering Joe Bonnamassa, it's opened up my ears to a whole new genre of music, "Electric Blues". I've always known about Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Kenny Wayne Sheppard, but after creating a station on Pandora based on Joe, I discovered the likes of Buddy Guy, Melvin Taylor, Johnny Winter, Walter Trout, etc.I don't even listen to my old classic rock standards anymore.I can't get enough of this style of music.

I've been a fan of Johnny Winter since 1969 and Buddy Guy almost as long. Both have been in Knoxville in the last year or so and can still wear it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Would you have ever believed we'd get a NEW album from Sabbath???!!??  Ozzy, Tony & Geezer have made their peace and made a new album.  13

I bought the special edition with the extra CD and tshirt over the weekend.  Transferred to my iPod, it hasn't stopped playing since sunday.  

YES!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1jKxV1kyCU

Yes, there may be more technically talented guitarists in the world but few....very few people have the knack for a really good simple hard rhythm that really gets you by the nads.  

Edited by Caster
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Lester Weevils

I was on youtube looking for something else entirely and accidentally ran across these gals. Unpolished but great wit and enthusiasm. Maybe these songs are just copies of top 40 country hits I never heard. I make it a point to avoid listening to any kind of top 40 radio. But it is neat, brings a smile anyhoo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg70pjG7AYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nydWgtto8Ug

• 1 month later...