ar parts list and tools

Guest buttonhook

I might need too it will not get any better that is for sure :) i was kneeling not standing, but my buddy also shot a sub 1/2" group with it @150 yards.

You got a good 'un then. I'm still trying to get to the range with my new one. I'm expecting great accuracy from it too. It's just pretty heavy to be doing much off hand shooting.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest buttonhook

thanks...I think so too.

I still need to get to a range and lock it in a vise to zero the scope (just bore sighted). I'm really impressed with the YHM barrel and the flutes look cool too.

I was really worried about this build. but with some help from fellow forum members I got it together with minimal headache. I know alot more now than I did before this build.

I kept a running parts list on this thing so if I ever need to build a second one now I know

Edited by buttonhook
Guest buttonhook

the bull barrel and 24" should give you a really good shooter. I dont NEED a vise but it makes it faster. right now it is precise but not accurate. it is still shooting alittle high and to the left with the scope and a little high and to the right with the iron sights. but I will get it perfect as I can.

BTW I've never sot that well before. So I know it was the rifle and pure luck! but it shoots real good. My only problem is the YHM muzzle brake makes it REALLY loud for the shooter or anyone standing near but with it and the heavy buffer it has ZERO recoil or muzzle rise. I never lost the target in the scope even on 18 power

Sounds like a great shooter. Glad everything seems to work well together.

As far as Tula give it another try after you get a few hundred rounds down the tube. My rifle had a fair amount of rounds down the tube before giving Tula a try. It cycles in my rifle great and out of the 16" barrel chronographs at 2823. It definitely isn't made for match accuracy but is accurate enough and seems reliable enough for me to stash some for a rainy day.

If and when you make it out we will chronograph your most accurate load as well as do your trigger. That way a ballistics chart can be made to help you with distant targets.

Dolomite

Guest buttonhook

well I would love to find the MOST accurate load. I've only shot the tulammo and the federal bulk so far.

IMAG0139-1.jpg

IMAG0140-1.jpg

IMAG0141-1.jpg

IMAG0142-1.jpg

Edited by buttonhook
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest buttonhook

mike what kind of scope is that? that is one part I had to go cheap on (budget ran out). and I would like to build a longer range rifle next year? I also plann to use the magpul stock on it.

mike what kind of scope is that? that is one part I had to go cheap on (budget ran out). and I would like to build a longer range rifle next year? I also plann to use the magpul stock on it.

OK, don't laugh. It's a BSA, but is a Midway exclusive. I've had it on the range twice, and it's awesome for the money. I'm a Leupold guy, and own a bunch of their scopes, so I'm not a cheap optic kinda guy. I'm not endorsing BSA scopes in general, but I highly recommend this one. get it before it goes off sale.

BSA Tactical Mil-Dot Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 6-24x 44mm Side Focus Glass Etched Mil-Dot Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA

BTW, here's the rifle in it's current state...

IMG_0523a.jpg

Guest buttonhook

I'm not laughing...I own a coupe of BSA's (that's what I have on mine BSA Sweet 223 Rifle Scope 6-18x 40mm Adjustable Objective Duplex Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA ) somepeople have had problems with them (I have not, much better than simmons). I know there are better scopes out there but if they work why spend more. i think they are a bargin. I like that stock!! I'm think of doing a 6.5 gendel for my next one

I'm not laughing...I own a coupe of BSA's (that's what I have on mine BSA Sweet 223 Rifle Scope 6-18x 40mm Adjustable Objective Duplex Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA ) somepeople have had problems with them (I have not, much better than simmons). I know there are better scopes out there but if they work why spend more. i think they are a bargin. I like that stock!! I'm think of doing a 6.5 gendel for my next one

Got the stock at Antares Pro for $198, and they got it to me as fast as Midway for a lot less money. The Accushot monopod is a different story. Paid $94 for it, and was the same price everywhere that had stock

Guest buttonhook

I got to wait until after christmas and the first of the year to start mine. I'm going to change the lower on this one (to a billet mega machines lower) so my upper and lower will match. then I'm going to use this lower (DPMS) for the base of the new rifle. I've got enough parts left over from this build that I already have a good start.

I got to wait until after christmas and the first of the year to start mine. I'm going to change the lower on this one (to a billet mega machines lower) so my upper and lower will match. then I'm going to use this lower (DPMS) for the base of the new rifle. I've got enough parts left over from this build that I already have a good start.

Ah, that's how my new one came about. Spare lower. I started with spare parts, and have more spare parts now. Good luck with that :). You have the sickness. You just have to accept it

• 2 weeks later...
Oh she understands........she just doesn't deal with the amount of $$$$. she was thinking (and so was I) closer to $1000 not closer to $2000

The difference between a cheap AR and an expensive one is just a few tweaks here and there. I'm done with my two. Well... except for that Eotech for the carbine :D