My Remington Model 24

flyanything

My dad gave me a Remington Model 24 when I was about 8 yrs old. He got it from his dad. I never knew much about it and still really don't, but I could hit anything with it. I got curious tonite while cleaning guns and broke it out. I found out how to disassemble, clean, and reassemble. I know it hasn't been cleaned in over 30 years and I don't know when before that, maybe never. It's not for sale at all, but I was wandering about the value of one of these little rifles? It's all original except where the barrel was a little loose so my granddad tapped bigger holes for new set screws on the front/top of the receiver. It's too late now to post a pic. I'll see if I can find time tomorrow. Thanks for any input.

Once again, Not For Sale.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

m241.ashx

Overview:

Description:Autoloading Rifle Introduction Year:1922 Year Discontinued:1935 Total Production:Approximately: 130,420 Designer/Inventor:John M. Browning, C.C. Loomis Action Type:Autoloading Rifle Caliber/Gauge:.22 short, .22 long rifle (not interchangeable)

There are a couple on Gunbroker.

Edited by Farman

Same thing as the Browning .22 Auto rifle that is still in production. Excellent little plinkers and bunny guns! The Remington doesn't bring as much as the Browning simply because of name recognition. But any Remington made in the first half of the 20th century is made as well as any comparable firearm ever built.

We have no idea of condition, but with the mods your Grandfather made, it's probably worth less than $200. A pristine Remington 24 usually only brings $300 or so.