got stopped today

first time i've been stopped since i got my carry permit. a brentwood leo got me on wilson pike. i gave him my DL and HCP card along with the proof of insurance. he handed the hcp card back so quickly, i wasn't sure he even saw it. he checked the proof of insurance and just said, "let me see what i can do." came back with a warning and was extremely nice about the whole thing.

i noticed he had what looked like a m&p on his hip when he walked back to his car, so i asked him about it after he gave me the warning. he said their dept had just converted. we talked about it for a couple of minutes. overall a pleasant experience, considering.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a pattern forming. It seems most of the LEO's actually out there doing the job are pretty much pro carry. Once they get to the more political positions on the force it seems they could go either way, depending on who their mayor or other boss is.

Those of you who have gone to the trouble and expense to get carry permit's don't concern me or the folk's I supervise, your not looking for trouble, just don't want to be victim's. I have only encountered on individual with a carry permit that I had an issue with, he'd given us a world of trouble so I dealt with the problem. FWIW I alway's appreciate it whenever I stop a vehicle and the driver is legally carrying and they let me know that they have the weapon on them.

Those of you who have gone to the trouble and expense to get carry permit's don't concern me or the folk's I supervise, your not looking for trouble, just don't want to be victim's. I have only encountered on individual with a carry permit that I had an issue with, he'd given us a world of trouble so I dealt with the problem. FWIW I alway's appreciate it whenever I stop a vehicle and the driver is legally carrying and they let me know that they have the weapon on them.

That seems to be the consensus among the LEO's I have spoken and dealt with. Thanks for confirming. And thanks for your service.

I'm glad to hear that from you. I've met several good folks just doing their job. We were polite to

each other and dealt with the issue. What you say is how I have been treated each time.

I need to get that rattle trap's brake lights fixed for good. Darned things keep dying.

Something hopefully the LE community realizes is that if the populace ever gets disarmed then LE will be next. This would leave them without the tools needed to protect themselves. Look at England, they were once armed but now the majority of them do not carry firearms.

That would require that the 2nd amendment be removed from the Constitution and that States Rights no longer be recognized.

The first could happen; if the second happens we are no longer a nation and will be in a Civil War.

Your “Gun Rights” are now, and for the foreseeable future, in the hands of your state legislature.

Most Police Officers I know support citizens carry. Unfortunately the legislature doesn’t check with them when they propose and vote on laws.

Guest archerdr1

I had to go get my tags for my truck and got into a conversation with the guard and the deputy sitting at the metal detectors in the courthouse. They noticed my holsters and we started talking. The man was VERY pro carry. Good conversation. The subject of open carry came up by another guard that happened by. The officer said that he has no problem with open carry, he said "I like for bad guys to see what i got and think twice about trying something." All a matter of opinion.

Guest Archminister01
Something hopefully the LE community realizes is that if the populace ever gets disarmed then LE will be next. This would leave them without the tools needed to protect themselves. Look at England, they were once armed but now the majority of them do not carry firearms.

Dolomite

I agree. Just look at what many countries oversees have done. I would hate to be back in LE and not armed. Then the bad guys definately have the advantage because they arent concerned with the laws anyway. Good Job to those who still patrol and carry on the cause. Its nice to know that there are still good sheepdogs out there with a world full of wolves. Lets hope the stats take hold of and securely stand for our rights to bear arms.

Guest broncobuddha

Would you prefer it though if the driver informed you that they were carrying prior to them removing their hands from the wheel and handing you their documentation?

That's the way I handle it. I don't move until I've notified the LEO that I've got a permit and that I'm armed. I let him direct me from there.

Read a lot on here and other sites where people just hand over their license and CCW as a way of informing.

Thanks.

Guest steve24
first time i've been stopped since i got my carry permit. a brentwood leo got me on wilson pike. i gave him my DL and HCP card along with the proof of insurance. he handed the hcp card back so quickly, i wasn't sure he even saw it. he checked the proof of insurance and just said, "let me see what i can do." came back with a warning and was extremely nice about the whole thing.

i noticed he had what looked like a m&p on his hip when he walked back to his car, so i asked him about it after he gave me the warning. he said their dept had just converted. we talked about it for a couple of minutes. overall a pleasant experience, considering.

That's great to hear. Too bad they all can't be that cool.

Edited by steve24