FEAR FACTOR in concealed carry weapons.

Will Carry

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The knowledge gained by seeing any handgun drawn against the aggressor should be enough to him.

If not, it doesn't matter whether you pull a bazooka or a Berreta. Only one thing is important, then.

Your life.

If I was going to actually be expected to carry said weapon it would be my .500. Very big, very shiny with a really cavernous hole in the business end. You'd have to dress around it somewhat but as long as you could wear a large jacket/coat it could work.

Overall though, and this is getting almost Pavlovian about things, I'd go pump 12ga. We've got a whole generation of people who've grown up watching movies/tv about pump action 12ga's blowing people through walls or, better yet, conveniently placed windows or other large panes of glass. The "pump rack" is so utterly ubiquitous in the "Your in deep shiznit now!" presentation that shotguns get racked for no sane purpose at all other than the actual act of doing so for effect. (Why yes, as a matter of fact I have been creeping through this place that's crawling with bad guys with an empty chamber. I don't bother racking one in until I've got it in some douchbag's face and need to ask them where that hot chick I did in Scene 3 is currently being held.)

Guest chaplain tom
If I was going to actually be expected to carry said weapon it would be my .500. Very big, very shiny with a really cavernous hole in the business end. You'd have to dress around it somewhat but as long as you could wear a large jacket/coat it could work.

Overall though, and this is getting almost Pavlovian about things, I'd go pump 12ga. We've got a whole generation of people who've grown up watching movies/tv about pump action 12ga's blowing people through walls or, better yet, conveniently placed windows or other large panes of glass. The "pump rack" is so utterly ubiquitous in the "Your in deep shiznit now!" presentation that shotguns get racked for no sane purpose at all other than the actual act of doing so for effect. (Why yes, as a matter of fact I have been creeping through this place that's crawling with bad guys with an empty chamber. I don't bother racking one in until I've got it in some douchbag's face and need to ask them where that hot chick I did in Scene 3 is currently being held.)

Best "In the spirit of the thread" post yet! I always wondered why the guy with the 12 gauge pump would wait until he was confronting the BG's BEFORE he racked his cannon. Why would he cut himself short one round? In my state that only leaves him two (legally). I especially like the reference to the "hot chick he did in Scene 3". I'm still laughing. I think this about says it all for this thread.