New FFL in Tennessee ( Question on FFL Xfer Fees )

Guest moreland281

Guest moreland281

Quick Question

I'm getting my FFL and wanted to find out what the going price is for xfers as a whole (Not just locally)

What is an acceptable price to charge to do xfers?

Also would anyone think this is a good idea or???

$25 Xfer + TICS

And

$100 year membership (gets you)

Free Xfers for the year (+ $10 per TICS)

NIB Glock Drawing (Every year in Dec, only for members)

Stocking Dealer Drawing (free stuff I get from glock,ruger,sig,etc... for being a dealer)

Email Specials (Dealer Price when I get specials)

Anything else you can think of to add in?

How is the price?

Anyone else you know do anything like this?

Thanks for any help

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest moreland281

wasn't getting any replies on the off topic forum so though I would try here. I was PMed and told i didn't pick a good forum the first time lol

Thanks for the replys, now if you have any useful ideas that would be even better.

;)B)

OK. For me the membership thing would not be helpful or cost effective. For my needs I would like a reasonable hassle free FFL to deal with.

Guest moreland281

mikegideon - I have though about something like that as well, and a discount for military/LEO/EMS/FireDepartment too (have to love my brothers in uniform)

They're 10 bucks at two outlets in Nashville for TGO members right now. I have one in the works.

That's a great deal. I have been paying 20.00 + TCIS. But I like my guy in the "Hood".

No hassle and calls me when he has something he knows I might want.

No hassle out the door price. I'm getting old and to tired to do math. ;)

Guest moreland281
When will you have your FFL?

I'm just filled out the paperwork, and when I called the local office they said they are running 4-6 weeks (I'm hoping around the first of the year if not a few days before)

Guest Tusculum

I charge 20.00+TICS. If people understood the amount of paperwork involved and the risks involved they would think long before charging 5.00+TICS. Here comes old Gramps in to buy a pump shotgun. Passes the B/G check and out the door. Then it hits you, What if the old guy was straw purchasing for his drug addict grandson who has 5 felonies on his record. Let grandson commit a drive by and get caught with that shotgun. Sure you are innocent, But it might take 25K worth of lawyers to prove to ATF that you are innocent. Joe comes in and buys 2 old Nagant pistols that he will probably never shoot. Do the check and he is out the door. Now you have to dig out the multiple handgun purchase form and fill it out, Fax or mail a copy to ATF, Fax or mail a copy to local LEO. Just remeber you are responsible for every transaction you log in the bound book for 20 yrs, No Exceptions. Why do I do it? To help people excersize their 2nd amendment right.

Just out of curiosity, where's the store going to be? I'm told the TBI isn't granting licensees to anyone without a storefront anymore.

$20-25 +10 TICS is the reasonable limit. Guys who charge more don't want to do them.

Guest moreland281
Just out of curiosity, where's the store going to be? I'm told the TBI isn't granting licensees to anyone without a storefront anymore.

$20-25 +10 TICS is the reasonable limit. Guys who charge more don't want to do them.

The TBI doesn't have anything to do with it, all they want is your FFL # to issue you a TBI TCIS number.

If you know murfreesboro, its close to State Farm (on memorial/231 about .5 mile up on the right)

The last tenents are still in the space untill the end of the month and then a week or so for him to get it repainted etc.. for me.

The TBI doesn't have anything to do with it, all they want is your FFL # to issue you a TBI TCIS number.

If you know murfreesboro, its close to State Farm (on memorial/231 about .5 mile up on the right)

The last tenents are still in the space untill the end of the month and then a week or so for him to get it repainted etc.. for me.

Cool. Yeah, I meant FBI. ;)

Guest moreland281
Cool. Yeah, I meant FBI. ;)

Cool (Actually the FBI doens't have anything to do with it either. all they do is the background check. The ATF is the one that actually licenses you. and they have relaxed on some of the clinton era doings (allowing more "kitchen" dealers to get FFLs now)

The only requirement is you must be in compliance with local ordinances (zoning) and they do check lol.

My wife is also started a photography business so the space will serve two fold for us right now. Untill both of us take off and we need our own space LOL

Cool (Actually the FBI doens't have anything to do with it either. all they do is the background check. The ATF is the one that actually licenses you. and they have relaxed on some of the clinton era doings (allowing more "kitchen" dealers to get FFLs now)

The only requirement is you must be in compliance with local ordinances (zoning) and they do check lol.

My wife is also started a photography business so the space will serve two fold for us right now. Untill both of us take off and we need our own space LOL

Is the place gonna be called point and shoot?

Sorry I couldn't resist.

The ATF is the one that actually licenses you. and they have relaxed on some of the clinton era doings (allowing more "kitchen" dealers to get FFLs now)

The city of Murfreesboro will not allow “Kitchen†dealers. That’s why I asked about the storefront. Murfreesboro will not allow you to have a business in your house (with some exceptions). You must be in an area zoned to allow a gun store. An FFL is only $200; many of us would have them if we could get them.

I doubt that very many people are going to pay $100 a year for your FFL transfer club. People that buy a bunch of guns each year usually go through local dealers and when they need the occasional transfer, I would think their dealer would take care of them. What would I do? I read a story of a guy in Florida that does transfers for free. He said that by doing that he built his business because he got gun buyers into his business. I also think that if you got a name for just doing transfers; you would very quickly become a target of the ATF.

I hope you grow your business beyond transfers quickly. I’m tired of having to drive either 60 miles North or South to deal with dealers that have a large inventory and good prices. ;)