Is West Town Mall Knoxville Posted?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some discussion on this in another thread. I have been in there many times and have not seen posted signs, however I enter through the Sears entrance almost exclusively. Anyone seen signs on other entrances?

Someone said in Regal around the Ticket booths there are some gun busters, so that would be the movies past the booths would be legally posted.

I have not seen any at the mall doors myself, but I am not there often.

Friday I entered thought the Parking garage at regal, expecting to see one there. I did not, I found no smoking signs I did not go near the ticket booths as I was not buying tickets or watching a movie. I watched the Thriller Zombie Dance.

I did try to look for them at one of the Mall doors near KAYs, but I did not see a gun busters or the legal language on the doors. I did see a Mall rules sign posted on the side of a wall between the double set of doors but just on one side (a blue sign but I did not take time to stop and read 10 rules or however many there was). I think somoene has posted it says something about they don't want firearms on the property but I don't know exactly what it says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhyJ9j2Y5s

I am just proud of my first youtube.

I found my surround my zombies unarmed.

I got dragged to west town mall (by my wife) and I had the same concerns as OP. I believed it to be posted so I was unarmed.

Guys in general I have been carrying allot, but for her and this one trip she wanted to go to the Mall I disarmed for her. Then dam it, I run into zombies. :D

BTW, tomorrow I might be getting my Judge, 45/410.

I go to west town often and have never seen a posting. If you go in through a main entrance there is a set of rules posted on the wall way over to the side however it does not mention anything about guns that I saw.

I have also entered through several of the department stores and not seen a sign.

There IS however a tiny tiny gunbuster sign near the ticket counter of the movie theater.

well to answer my own question I went by there last night. And Erik88 is correct I did not see any posted signs at any entrances except to the Regal Movie Theater, which appeared to be a standardized sign from Regal, but it is VERY small. I have been there several times and carried because I did not see the sign. However there is a Code of Conduct on the side wall of the main entrance, #7 on the list is no weapons including firearms and knives. This does not constitute a legal posting so Im going to carry there until they follow the law.

well to answer my own question I went by there last night. And Erik88 is correct I did not see any posted signs at any entrances except to the Regal Movie Theater, which appeared to be a standardized sign from Regal, but it is VERY small. I have been there several times and carried because I did not see the sign. However there is a Code of Conduct on the side wall of the main entrance, #7 on the list is no weapons including firearms and knives. This does not constitute a legal posting so Im going to carry there until they follow the law.

+1! I always do.

I've never seen a proper posting at any of the entrances, but I haven't been to that Regal since I got my permit. I carry in the mall all the time (why wouldn't you).

Generally speaking, I only carry my LCP (doesn't print) and leave the Glock 22 at home since it is a gun-unfriendly zone. Same thing I usually do for those restaurants that have improper postings at their entrances.

• 3 weeks later...

for what it's worth, I was at West Town tonight and I noticed a guy open carrying. The mall was PACKED so this guy had a lot of balls. He walked right past a security guard who didn't even notice. In fact I think I was the only person who noticed his gun.

Guest tnxdshooter
The security guard was probably too busy dreaming about his Segway.

He was to busy trying to observe and report the girl in the food court that always fixes his coffee.