Handgun Classes

I have decided to increase my knowledge base by signing up for a class outside of my permit course. I was wondering exactly what classes you have taken or would recommend as a good intermediate and/or expert level class. After handgun classes, I plan to attend carbine type classes so feel free to add your opinion there too. I'm close to Knoxville but would travel for a good high quality type class. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rsgillmd

There was a related topic a couple of weeks ago. I think the thread was titled "Training after permit class" or something like that. You can see what people have done.

I'm in Memphis and don't know anything about Knoxville. So I can't help you with specifics. I took my permit class (level 1) and the level 2 handgun class at Range Master in Memphis. Will probably take an intro to shotguns class when I can fit it in my schedule, and the level 3 (there are 5 levels) handgun class after I get shooting again regularly. No nearby range for me. 25-30 minute drive each way + 30-60 minutes range time = a lot of time that is better used in other ways at this point in my life.

Look at the CIS website and check out their course descriptions for "Advanced Concealed Carry" and "Defensive Pistol." If you can't make it to the Nashville area for one of their classes, try to find someone reputable closer to you that offers similar training. You'll be surprised what you never thought of when you take one of these classes.

Guest tnxdshooter
I have decided to increase my knowledge base by signing up for a class outside of my permit course. I was wondering exactly what classes you have taken or would recommend as a good intermediate and/or expert level class. After handgun classes, I plan to attend carbine type classes so feel free to add your opinion there too. I'm close to Knoxville but would travel for a good high quality type class. Thanks in advance.

Check out Austin's TN Firearms in oak ridge and do the personal protection inside the home course. If I ever get me some extra money laying around I am going to take it and then take the personal protection outside the home course as well. You have to take the inside the home course first though if I understood correctly.

Mike Crow is a good fella and a good instructor

http://[url="http://www.tngunshop.com"]www.tngunshop.com[/url]

http://www.firearmsclasses.com/