music city 3 gun?

It was a good match... I never would have known it was a first attempt if you hadn't told me, great job. I wish I could have pulled my head out of my butt and shot a little better, but I did learn a few things:

Really close clays are way harder to hit than I thought.

Not matter how good you've been running the shotgun the last few matches, never say you've been running the shotgun well.

There is no such thing as a hand-shaped piece of hard cover on a threat target, no matter how many times I shoot him in the head.

Really close targets and .308s don't mix so well... never seen a paper target almost blown over before.

Splashed-up swamp water from the top of a rain barrel tastes terrible.

I'm sure I learned more, but those are the highlights. Again, a great match, and I look forward to seeing more three gun in Dickson!

DanO

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like somebody needs to change their username to SUREFAST.... Nice Job

Makes me wish I was unemployed again so I could practice and watch Opra everyday :)

RFW - Yall shooting Open now or did you check the wrong box?

nope! no open, it was by Benning irons set up. or ESP here

I'm glad it sounds like everyone had a pretty good time. I learned alot for next time.

A couple of stages should of been a bit more evil but oh well, lesson learned.

Next time we'll do the pesky popper in the woods with a slug.

Hand shaped hard cover, that's the funniest thing I've heard all weekend!

Edited by nb forrest
You are right Mike. Robert and I both checked the wrong box. At least Robert can say he finished 2nd in open.

Ah ! I forgot he was the man of many class. He was trying to sneak a 1st place finish in on us :D

BTW, Great match! Glad to see you take it on and have it ready to go at ~9a. Lucky for us 50-60 shooters did't show or we would have been there till dark, as it was I thought it finished smooth and on time... I thought 25 was a good turnout 35-40 would have been exceptional. It will be a little warmer next year so maybe we can get out some of the fair weather shooters...