Cutting aluminum receivers?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First you need a good CNC lathe and a CNC Mill, then you need the know how on how to set everything up and run it, lot's of folk's have the equipment and know how, I'm just not one of them. I can turn and shape thing's a little, cut thread's, drill and tap and weld a bit, hope to learn more and buy some more equipment one of these year's.

Are you trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear with your project ;-). Given the M17S look's good to begin with anything's possible, I look forward to reading about it.

Guest strelcevina
Just wondering if anyone out there likes cutting and toying with aluminum or plastic composites. Also modifications made with aluminum. PM me for details and possible pictures

It would be helpful if you describe exactly what you trying to sell.

PM you for exchange for some details is rather boring.

And all you gave to space it up was Canadian gun nuts .

That is as interesting as a German love books. Or summer vocation in Russia .

Give us some more info.

Thanks

It would be helpful if you describe exactly what you trying to sell.

PM you for exchange for some details is rather boring.

And all you gave to space it up was Canadian gun nuts .

That is as interesting as a German love books. Or summer vocation in Russia .

Give us some more info.

Thanks

Maby this will understand you better: sghblkjnaf afgjhlakdf klaepiqer pakdjhag 456821b ouhae aeikjlhgaer liuaerg.:D

Guest strelcevina
Maby this will understand you better: sghblkjnaf afgjhlakdf klaepiqer pakdjhag 456821b ouhae aeikjlhgaer liuaerg.:D

Lol hilarious.:D you did it. Go apply for Saturday night live joke writers job.

You got skill .

Guest Lester Weevils

I'm a dummie on all things mechanical, but perhaps a manual mill and lathe would be as good or better than a CNC for doing a one-off. And lots cheaper. If you ruin a receiver for every bad line of CNC code, you could go thru quite a few receivers before the code is debugged. :)

I'd think that manual operation with very careful shallow cuts would increase the odds of getting the desired results on the first receiver one tries to mangle.

I want to make the front end straight instead of sloped. That would involve modification of the front barrel mount. Sell? Uhh I'm not selling anything just looking for a good smith who understands what I'm talking about.

Thanks for clearing that up Smith;)

Ill probably do the mod to the grip and trigger myself.

Just for a heads up, it's not a registered part so no worries. It's not an AR either.

It’s legal to make your own components. I almost bought three lower blanks that someone was selling on the local gun sale site, but I didn’t move fast enough.

We have five axis machining centers. :)

I’ve tried to get my boss to get into firearms stuff, but unless you run very high quantities or make "Custom" stuff; there isn’t any money in it.