New Carry Permit

Just thought I'd share. I just got my carry permit in the mail today. I took the course on the 9th but was not able to get finger printed until 12th due to my schedule conflicts. Not a bad turn-a-round time in my opinion.

I was really hoping to have it yesterday because of the outing we had planned today. Turns out Stone Door is a state park and they prohibit firearms.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you! A Carry Permit is a privilege to be seriously considered and not casually acquired, I applaud you for going through the obstacles you encountered to legally carry a firearm in our state. Good luck to you in all of your endeavors and may you always be safe.

How about that! I was there with you. Have you received your permit yet?

I don't know about you, but I enjoyed the instructor.

Not as of Friday; I'll have to check my PO box on Monday. I had my fingerprints done on the 13th, so I might be a day or two behind you, anyway.

I think Mark was a good instructor. He kept things light with humor, and was mercifully free of political & social BS. He didn't give out horrible legal advice like some have experienced in other company's classes. I felt that the descriptions of different firearms could have been a bit more thorough, but I can't fault him for the short amount of time that he has to cram all of the information into. The only thing he was slightly incorrect on was the new legislation about carrying where alcohol is served, but a lot of people get confused about that.

How well did you shoot? I was number 35 in line, but I stayed till the very end. I was the small guy who rode a motorcycle to class.

Guest bkelm18
Just thought I'd share. I just got my carry permit in the mail today. I took the course on the 9th but was not able to get finger printed until 12th due to my schedule conflicts. Not a bad turn-a-round time in my opinion.

I was really hoping to have it yesterday because of the outing we had planned today. Turns out Stone Door is a state park and they prohibit firearms.

Not familiar with Stone Door, but if it's a TN State Park, it is completely legal to carry a handgun in a TN state park with a carry permit. Those signs are for those who do not have a permit.

Not familiar with Stone Door, but if it's a TN State Park, it is completely legal to carry a handgun in a TN state park with a carry permit. Those signs are for those who do not have a permit.

Stone Door is in the Cumberland Recreation Area. Thanks for the clarification about the sign.