Why does the weatherman hate me?

This morning was cold and calm, but of course that was a weekday and no chance for me to hunt.

The weekend will be warm and with a unwanted south wind. I don't even have a south wind stand for mornings. Full moon and clear night doesn't exactly help get those nocturnal bucks up and about during the day.

I just want a cold morning with a northern wind on the weekend. Didn't get it this bow season. Maybe I will send the weatherman some chocolates for muzzleloader season.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the weather man hates all of us! But I hunt no matter which way the wind blows, all from the same stand. I just enjoy getting out. Me, Rob and another friend is taking our bows to the refuge this afternoon for some dried up swamp stalking. Give me a call if you would like to go with us.

Thanks for the invite WD, but I am going to sit till dark on a stand that I know has got to produce sooner or later. I have seen so many deer from the stand, just haven't gotten the stars to align. I skipped the early morning hunt, but I am going to get in one stand by a pond and sit through the middle of the day and then switch over for the evening hunt. Hopefully I can get a doe to sacrifice herself.

Guest adamoxtwo

What sucks is my field is where they bed down and they leave at first light so It's impossible to get them in the morning. So I can only hunt that field at dusk when they come back, but with the full moon it's been tough. So I will have to wait for them to come back around. I heard them in the woods moving yesterday, but they didn't come close to comming out of the tree line. Got lucky and shot a stray doe the other night, but haven't seen much this week. I did notince that she was in rut so that was a good thing. Anyone else see them in rut yet?

• Administrator

Heh... you want to talk about weather? We've had rain and cold temperatures for the past three days of our vacation out in the high desert. Yesterday and today we've been in Moab, Utah ... the offroading mecca of the western hemisphere. The trails have been so boggy that many of them are almost impassable and some of them are closed down entirely. We were supposed to head to some old mining towns in Colorado this week ahead, departing Moab on Monday... but the weather is turning even worse over there (snow, freezing rain) so we are heading out tomorrow to beat it.

I may end up stranded in Ouray, Colorado for the next week. I can think of worse places to be stuck, though. :shrug:

I hope it rained at our lease as hard as it rained on WD-40 and I driving home.

I knew all I had to do was wash my truck. Finally washed it this morning since letting it remain nasty for the last month. That is usually all it takes for it to rain on me. Not complaining though...

• Administrator

Apparently the weatherman does hate me. Ouray, Colorado was going to be the cherry on top for our trip out west. Amazing offroad trails up in the mountains around the old mining towns. We arrived today just ahead of a major winter storm that is predicted to fall tonight... only to find that the trails are almost all already closed due to snow last week. :cool:

I'm so pissed I can't even see straight. 3,000 miles and this. :D

Apparently the weatherman does hate me. Ouray, Colorado was going to be the cherry on top for our trip out west. Amazing offroad trails up in the mountains around the old mining towns. We arrived today just ahead of a major winter storm that is predicted to fall tonight... only to find that the trails are almost all already closed due to snow last week. :cool:

I'm so pissed I can't even see straight. 3,000 miles and this. :D

That truly sucks. I have always wanted to go out and do the old mining town trails. They look so cool watching the 4x4 tv shows. I drove home from Alaska about 10 years ago and we left Anchorage on Oct. 13th. We drove though a lot of snow in Canada and weren't able to see Glacier National Park because the roads were closed from snow. We did get to see Yellowstone and it was amazing.

Apparently the weatherman does hate me. Ouray, Colorado was going to be the cherry on top for our trip out west. Amazing offroad trails up in the mountains around the old mining towns. We arrived today just ahead of a major winter storm that is predicted to fall tonight... only to find that the trails are almost all already closed due to snow last week. :mad:

I'm so pissed I can't even see straight. 3,000 miles and this. ;)

That does suck David, sorry you can't go off road in.

• Administrator
WHAT Da' ?????

More is expected tonight. Unfortunately the county decided to scrape off the streets today, so we'll also have a ton of black ice. Thankfully the bartender at Ouray Brewery is helping us keep warm, and we've got natural hot springs to go soak in tonight during the snow shower. :D

We towed our jeeps out to Leadville 6-7 years ago. Got there on 6/2 and it snowed. I was happy about it as I thought there would be a dusting up on the trails the next morning. A little pre-trip research would have revealed that the trails around there don't typically open until July. We putzed around for 2 days and headed on home.

Sigh... I feel your pain.

• Administrator
Here, I was starting to feel bad for you...NOT! Have a safe trip David!

It's a balmy NINE degrees outside right now. With windchill they're saying -1°F with a high of about 34°F for the day. This would be fine and dandy if the road out of town wasnt't all hairpin switchbacks most likely covered with black ice at this point. :D

It's a balmy NINE degrees outside right now. With windchill they're saying -1°F with a high of about 34°F for the day. This would be fine and dandy if the road out of town wasnt't all hairpin switchbacks most likely covered with black ice at this point. :D

It was 79 degrees outside at 6:00am this morning with High winds. We have a storm coming through.

It felt weird out this morning.

Guest KimberChick
It was 79 degrees outside at 6:00am this morning with High winds. We have a storm coming through.

It felt weird out this morning.

I haven't had electricity since around 4am. If it wasn't for the hellish winds whistling through newfound gaps in my southern windows, I could have slept through it.

It's been raining to beat the band since about 8:15 and I'm fighting sleep as I have a front-row officechair to rain hitting a tin roof outside my window...