Politicians I don't despise

I can name one *correction-2*: Terri Lynn Weaver

Marsha Blackburn

If she doesn't stop ringing my phone with automated calls and filling my mailbox with garbage, she'll soon drop off the list as well.

How many can you name?

Edited by gregintenn
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

Politicians currently holding office?

Maybe there are others if I think hard enough, but I don't have significant complaints about Ron Paul.

Marsha Blackburn, the lapdog of the Orange Man?

Known as one of the top corrupt Congressional Members?

Spouts Republican Party line, even when that line has been proven fail?

I agree with Enfield.

I DO think Ramsey is doing well in his spot.

I even think that fellow who tricked into being the Speaker of the House, did ok. Definitely compared to his predecessor...

.....So you like the career politician thing, eh?

Dynasty, actually, counting his dad.

- OS ....

I understand. At least, he votes consistently for the right things (...for the most part; as much as a politian can...). Remember this:

...Duncan and Ron Paul were the only two Republicans to vote against funding for the Iraq War on May 24, 2007. ...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Duncan_(U.S._politician)...
I fully understand your point. We may need to modify the poll to "Polititians we dont hate YET". Remember- this is a fluid list. Names can dissappear and look like Enfield and Garufa's list quickly.

I'd like to see fewer career polititians too. My guess is that it aint goin to happen unless we go back to Senators being appointed by state governors. There will never be term limits on these guys. At least Duncan (...for the time being...) has enough sense to know that you cant spend yourself into prosperity and that we tend to "vietnamize" everything because polititians cant seem to quit meddling in the military process. I think that is an insightful view.

Leroy

So you like the career politician thing, eh?

Dynasty, actually, counting his dad.

While I like Duncan, he said something in the last year about getting money for us in his district because "someone is going to get the money anyway, why not get it for the people I rep." That's the very problem with Washington right now. "It's going to happen, oh well..." So I am voting for Joseph Leinweber, Jr. because he is FAR more conservative...even if he doesn't have a chance I voted my mind which is the best thing I can do.

Matthew

Have you ever actually talked to Mae Beavers? She ain't easy to like.

She may not be easy to like, but consider the Democrat alternative. You should only be so glad

Kim "I'm for Kim" McMillan left state politics and is running for mayor of Clarksville. She will do her

best to ruin Clarksville. I wish she had stayed in the race for governor. She would have to gone back to

hacking as a lawyer. She may not be easy to like, personally, but sometimes you have to look past

that stuff.

Just remember that Republicans aren't necessarily the friendliest group, but stacked up to the Democrats,

who will promise you everything to the moon, your chances are much better. Democrats are seeking

power, and Republicans are usually seeking justice, if they are true to their party and constitution.

It used to not be this way, before the progressives, when a liberal was a true libertarian liberal. It

changed too many years ago for it to reverse itself overnight. The Tea Party is helping bring these

things to the surface.

I have several friends who still read the Tennessean to get their 'facts' about politics. I spend a lot of time

showing them the lies and bias that rag prints. Same for the TV stations in Nashville. They are eventually

waking up. When I see counties like Henry and Benton start to have an increasing Republican following,

I realize all is not lost. I hope the rest of west and middle Tennessee are doing the same.

And thank God for all the active and retired military around Clarksville. They tend to pay attention to the

issues and vote with wisdom as guidance. They also aren't caught up in "Reconstruction" like some of the

locals still seem to be.

Kissing babies or ideology? Which political style do you prefer? One is obvious and the other, hideous.

Marsha Blackburn, the lapdog of the Orange Man?

Known as one of the top corrupt Congressional Members?

Spouts Republican Party line, even when that line has been proven fail?

I agree with Enfield.

I DO think Ramsey is doing well in his spot.

I even think that fellow who tricked into being the Speaker of the House, did ok. Definitely compared to his predecessor...

I guess she's known that way if you get your news from HuffPo and MSNBC.

Ha. Funny. No, several political watch dog groups have claimed her to be most corrupt due to her campaign practices. But I guess you wont see that on Fox.

Guest mosinon

Ron Paul

Dennis Kucinich

That is about it. With those two you pretty much know what you are getting. With just about everyone else, well, you get Corker opposing the stimulus thing and showing up at an auto plant.

i can respect people I don't agree with. I understand that there can be legitimate disagreements on the issues even when the other person has the same facts. But I find the middle ground to be problematic. A true liberal has a lot in common with a true conservative. But since the true ones are pretty rare we are stuck (and it is our fault, don't blame the politician) with this pretend conflict.

You make a valid point about Dennis

Kucinich. He always appears sincere

about his beliefs, whether they are

valid or not. I respect him for that, also. I just disagree with him. Nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha. Funny. No, several political watch dog groups have claimed her to be most corrupt due to her campaign practices. But I guess you wont see that on Fox.

I've never heard this. Which groups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk