Parkerizing Touchup's

Guest JRS

I have an Chinese Para SKS with a parkerized finish that needs a few spots touched up. What's the best method/material to use in this situation? Sorry if this is a n00b ?, but I am a n00b. :) Thanks in advance.

JRS

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully agree with I_Like_Pie's observation, if you try to touch it up it'll look pretty terrible, having it reparkerized isn't necessary. Another option for you that would really look sharp would be dutting a duracoat finish on the barrel action, right on top of the parked finish.

You guys may disagree but I have had good success just using a cold blue to touch up small spots. I have never tried it on anything other than a nick or scratch and even then, mainly on black manganese phosphate type finishes. Mainly if you have scratched or nicked the finish thru to the metal to where silver is showing, the dark bluing just hides it somewhat.

Guest GunTroll
Huh!?

cheaper than dura coating. Easier too I might add.

I would personally just use cold blue. Or do nothing at all, as someone already said it is an SKS

Guest GunTroll
Why all the SKS hatred? :)

Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I'm a SKS hater. Thing is, its not a H&H so I wouldn't be so soft handed with one and definitely not worried about a scratch or two if it were mine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.