Knoxville Gun Show of the Month Jan 26 & 27

Guest Spuds

I guess right now is prime income tax refund time as there is a show this weekend and another in February at the Jacob Building in the TN Valley Fairgrounds. Anyone going?

Too many shows of late. Nevertheless, I'll be there Saturday with some old military rifles I've culled from the collection.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the one at Chilhowee correct? Does anyone know how to get there from Sweetwater?

I am going with my son and my buddy and if you go to RK shows .com you can print off $1.00 off coupons good towards admission

Richard

Guest Boomhower
This is the one at Chilhowee correct? Does anyone know how to get there from Sweetwater?

I am going with my son and my buddy and if you go to RK shows .com you can print off $1.00 off coupons good towards admission

Richard

zip-minus.gifDrive:48.3 mi – about 53 mins

48.3 mi – about 53 mins

transparent.png1.Head northeast on N Main St/US-11 toward Biggs St0.5 mi

1 min

larrow01.png2.Turn left at Oakland Rd/TN-3222.4 mi

5 mins

rarrow01.png3.Turn right to merge onto I-75 N38.5 mi

37 mins

transparent.png4.Continue on I-40 E (signs for I-40 E/Knoxville)5.3 mi

6 mins

transparent.png5.Take exit 390 for Cherry St0.3 mi

rarrow01.png6.Turn right at Cherry St NE/N Cherry St Continue to follow Cherry St NE

0.5 mi

1 min

larrow01.png7.Turn left at E Magnolia Ave0.8 mi

2 mins

To:Tennessee Valley Fair

3301 E Magnolia Ave, Knoxville, TN 37914

Or go to Google and paste "from: Sweetwater, tn to: 3301 E Magnolia Ave, Knoxville, tn 37914" into the search bar.

I may have some components to sell myself as I recently bought all of a guys reloading gear.

Yes, Chilhowee Park, TN Valley Fairgrounds. Take I-75 N, merge onto I-40 East, follow I-40 East/I-75 North through Knoxville, when they split, stay on I-40 East. Take Cherry St. Exit, (#390? close to 390) and turn right at the bottom of the ramp. Go to Magnolia, left on Magnolia, Fairgrounds will be obvious when you get there. You'll need to turn left when you see the "gun show today" signs.

coupon.gif

Guest cdsusong

I like going to the shows there but is it really necessary for the high entry fee? I have only bought 1 handgun at the show but have purchased a few accessories. Do you think they will have any Kahr CW9 magazines for sale?

I like going to the shows there but is it really necessary for the high entry fee? I have only bought 1 handgun at the show but have purchased a few accessories. Do you think they will have any Kahr CW9 magazines for sale?

The people putting on the show want to make money?

But I know what you mean. For what they charge for me to go to a gun show and probably buy little or nothing, I can add a few bucks to it and get a nice meal somewhere. To me, that's more entertaining.

Thanks alot for the responses that will help. I will be there saturday with my son and my buddy. I'll probably be the only guy there wearing a white "Gators" ball cap. If you see me, come up and introduce yourself.:P

I did go and print off the admission coupons but you are right, I don't understand the need to charge $10 to get in. I know they need to generate money in order to run the show but that seems a little ridiculous.

I went to the Expo show back in October or November(can't remember) and while it was o.k., it wasn't great. I hope this one is a little better.

I will be hunting for a 2 holsters, one for my S&W .45 and one for my PA-63 and hopefully some new sights for my .45.

Richard

This promoter, RK Shows, has the highest entry fees, but you only pay once for the weekend. That's good for folk who have a high tolerance for pain and wish to endure both days, Sunday they get in free.

Guest Liberty Seeker

I can't start a thread on the vendor midway which is where I wanted to put this. Im curious if any of the vendors on this forum will have a presence, and I may also be looking for the services of an FFL located in or near Knoxville in the near future if there are any here. I also need to know about the legality of crossing state lines and purchasing a rifle. I know that it's a no-no for handguns, but are rifles okay?

Guest Liberty Seeker

Okay Marswolf killed my thread but didn't put my question here so:

Knoxville Gun Show

I can't start a thread on the vendor midway which is where I wanted to put this. Im curious if any of the vendors on this forum will have a presence, and I may also be looking for the services of an FFL located in or near Knoxville in the near future if there are any here. I also need to know about the legality of crossing state lines and purchasing a rifle. I know that it's a no-no for handguns, but are rifles okay?

Guest Engloid

They need to quit calling them gun shows and call them gun sales.

Last time I went to one at I75 expo, it was something like $10 to get in. I paid it, since I was alreado set up there, but it will be my last time.

I just don't think it's right that they charge people to set up tables and charge admission. I choose to boycott and hold my money for other things.

Guest Liberty Seeker
They need to quit calling them gun shows and call them gun sales.

Last time I went to one at I75 expo, it was something like $10 to get in. I paid it, since I was alreado set up there, but it will be my last time.

I just don't think it's right that they charge people to set up tables and charge admission. I choose to boycott and hold my money for other things.

I guess I'm just used to it. For the last 15 years or so I've had to set the RV's up for the RV show here in town. They charge us a ton to have space, then turn around and charge everyone to come in. Never made a lot of sense to me either, but I guess everyone has to get paid.

Hey,promoting gun shows is a business.They rent the space ,put the tables in place,promote the show etc.Also they have insurance for liability to pay.If you don't want to go then stay home.I like to go to be around other gun owners and check stuff out.I may not buy a thing and just kill time but I enjoy it.YMMV.

Well, I went today....and it was packed. I snagged a DoubleStar stripped lower for $112 OTD, so I guess it was priced around $93 or so. There was also a guy selling Sigmas for $309. I didn't see any great ammo deals. but then again I never do. I picked up a few mags and some AR/ AK parts, but nothing major. Overall, the funshow was decent.

I picked up 5 AK 30 rounders and 500 rounds of 7.62 x 39. Also, my Maglula speedloaders and three pistol magazines came in this morning. All in all, a good day.

Guest cdsusong

I went as well and only came away with a Hogue grip. Tried to find a magazine for my Kahr CW9, no luck. Any help tracking one down would be great. Spent the morning in Seveirville indoor range and had a blast. So today I got some trigger time, a new grip, went to the RV show, watched my son play basketball and saw the movie 3:10 to Yuma. Highly recommend this flick! What a great day! Oh by the way, J Floyds in Sevierville has the Sigma 9 and 40 on sale for $299 with a $50 rebate and 2 mags.

Guest Engloid

Last time I bought some cheap practice ammo at a gun show, it wound up givin them away. They would split open (hollow point) on only one side and shoot in a spiral pattern. I couldn't consistently hit a milk jug at 25 yards.

Guest cdsusong

i have found that it is best just to go to walmart and buy the ammo. I shoot alot of 9mm and if you start figuring the cost at a show, entry fee plus ammo, $16 for 100 rounds at walmart is a better deal. Now it may be cheaper for the larger caliber stuff, but I don't know.